INDIANAPOLIS — The 2020 NFL Draft officially kicks off tonight at 8 p.m. ET, and the Indianapolis Colts currently have seven picks across Rounds 2-6. Here's everything you need to get ready for the next three days of draft action.
The first round of the 2020 NFL Draft kicks off at 8 p.m. ET tonight, April 23. Friday's Day 2 action which includes Rounds 2 and 3, begins at 7 p.m. ET, while Day 3, which includes Rounds 4-7, begins at noon ET.
WHERE TO WATCH/STREAM/LISTEN
The 2020 NFL Draft will be presented across ABC, ESPN, and NFL Network. ESPN and NFL Network will combine to offer a singular presentation across both networks, while ABC will present its own distinctive, primetime telecasts for Rounds 1-3, in addition to simulcasting the ESPN and NFL Network telecast of Rounds 4-7.
For more information on streaming and radio broadcasts, click here.
You can stay up to date on all Colts draft coverage in any of the following areas:
If you're looking for Colts-specific local radio coverage you can find it here:
- Thursday, April 23 (7 p.m. ET until the end of the first round) – 93.5, 107.5, 1070 The Fan; Matt Taylor, Rick Venturi, Joe Staysniak and Joe Reitz
- Friday, April 24 (7 p.m. ET until the end of the second round) – 93.5, 107.5, 1070 The Fan; Matt Taylor, Rick Venturi and Joe Staysniak
The Colts currently have seven picks in the 2020 NFL Draft. While Chris Ballard has executed several draft-day trades to acquire more picks over his first three years as Colts general manager, here is where the team currently sits:
- 2nd round, 2nd pick (34th overall; from Redskins)
- 2nd round, 12th pick (44th overall)
- 3rd round, 11th pick (75th overall)
- 4th round, 16th pick (122nd overall)
- 5th round, 15th pick (160th overall)
- 6th round, 14th pick (193rd overall)
- 6th round, 18th pick (197th overall; from Dolphins via Cowboys)
(The Colts on March 18 traded their original first round/13th-overall pick to the San Francisco 49ers in exchange for defensive tackle DeForest Buckner)
WHAT DOES THE GM SAY?
Colts general manager Chris Ballard last Friday conducted his annual pre-draft press conference with local media members. Check out the top takeaways from that session by clicking here.
Ballard also sat down for a one-on-one conversation with Colts.com's Matt Taylor, where they discussed preparing for the NFL Draft from home and much more. Check that out here.
"WITH THE NEXT PICK"
Colts Productions' "With The Next Pick," an exclusive, behind-the-scenes look at the Colts as they prepare for the upcoming NFL Draft, is back for a second season in 2020.
Get caught up on all three episodes to date, as well as read our episode recaps, by clicking here.
You've got questions, and we've got answers.
Check out this week’s special edition of the Colts Mailbag, in which Colts.com's Andrew Walker and Jake Arthur answer draft-specific questions on various prospects, ideal fits, possible scenarios and much more.
COLTS OFFICIAL PODCAST
Check out this week’s latest edition of the Colts Official Podcast, as Matt Taylor, Jim Sorgi and Larra Overton give you the latest news and analysis on the Colts heading into the draft.
Colts.com's Jake Arthur has studied the tape and found several prospects on both sides of the ball that could be considered ideal fits for the Colts in this year's draft. Check out these profiles:
- K.J. Hill | Wide Receiver | Ohio State
- Jerry Jeudy | Wide Receiver | Alabama
- Derrick Brown | Defensive Tackle | Auburn
- K'Lavon Chaisson | Edge Defender | LSU
- CeeDee Lamb | Wide Receiver | Oklahoma
- Tristan Wirfs | Offensive Tackle | Iowa
- Neville Gallimore | Defensive Tackle | Oklahoma
- Jeff Gladney | Cornerback | TCU
- Brandon Aiyuk | Wide Receiver | Arizona State
- Jonah Jackson | Interior Offensive Lineman | Ohio State
- Trevon Diggs | Cornerback | Alabama
- Hunter Bryant | Tight End | Washington
- Julian Okwara | Edge Defender | Notre Dame
- Harrison Bryant | Tight End | Florida Atlantic
- Chase Claypool | Wide Receiver | Notre Dame
- Jeremy Chinn | S | Southern Illinois & Bryce Hall | CB | Virginia
Jordan Love? Michael Pittman Jr.? Or perhaps another wide receiver, like Brandon Aiyuk, Tee Higgins or Denzel Mims? Move up into the first round? Trade back to get more picks in the second round?
All those options are on the table, according to a group of 35 national and local NFL/draft/Colts experts.
We rounded up their final mock drafts to get a good idea what they think the Colts will do with their second-round picks — that is, if they don't trade back into the first round.
To see the evolution of various experts' picks over the last several weeks, check out our Mock Draft Monday article series.
DON'T BE SURPRISED IF…
When it comes to the NFL Draft, you should learn to expect the unexpected. But we've come up with a few possible scenarios that could end up coming to fruition for the Colts in the 2020 NFL Draft that shouldn't catch you by surprise. Check it out here.
WHO'S ON OUR BIG BOARD?
After months of research, Colts.com presents its top 15 players at each position in the NFL Draft. Check out the 2020 NFL Draft Positional Big Board 3.0 right here.
Which prospects could be considered the best fits for the Colts heading into the draft? Here’s Colts.com’s 2020 All-Colts-Fits Team.
CONNECT THE DOTS
Which prospects in the 2020 NFL Draft might fit the Colts' needs based off their showing at this year's NFL Scouting Combine? We go position-by-position and provide an in-depth look at the current Colts roster to look for some clues. Check it out here.
When all is said and done, 255 players will have been selected to the 32 teams in the 2020 NFL Draft. When it comes to the Colts, let's explore some ideal options across every round:
The draft experts give their two cents to Colts.com's radio crew. Check out these interviews over the last few weeks:
COLTS AT THE COMBINE
The NFL Scouting Combine returned to Indianapolis and Lucas Oil Stadium back in late-February/early-March. Here's a collection of our written content from this year's Combine:
- Chris Ballard Press Conference Takeaways
- Frank Reich Press Conference Takeaways
- Chris Ballard Colts.com 1-on-1
- Recapping QBs, WRs and TEs
- Recapping RBs, OL and STs
- Recapping DL and LBs
- Recapping DBs
- Heavyweights, Up-And-Comers, Top Performers
- Combine Snubs To Keep An Eye On
- Full List Of Invited Prospects
COLTS AT THE SENIOR BOWL
Colts.com was once again in attendance at this year's annual Senior Bowl at Ladd-Peebles Stadium in Mobile, Ala. Check out this content:
BUILDING THE BOARD
Kevin Rogers, the Indianapolis Colts' Director of Pro Personnel, recently sat down with Colts.com's Larra Overton and discussed how the team goes about its draft process between the scouting and coaching staffs, the value of the NFL Scouting Combine, how the Colts build their board and more.
Check out that entire conversation by clicking here.