- Signed by the Colts as an undrafted free agent on May 13, 2022.
- He appeared in 50 games (three starts) at UCLA (2016-21) and registered 10 carries for 83 yards (8.3 avg.) and one touchdown as well as eight receptions for 155 yards and two touchdowns. Fernea also tallied 12 tackles (nine solo).
- In 2021, he saw action in 11 games at running back and on special teams. Fernea registered 10 carries for 83 yards (8.3 avg.) and one touchdown. He also collected four solo tackles on special teams.
- As a senior, he appeared in six games (one start). He saw action as a running back, wide receiver and on special teams and tallied two carries for one yard and two receptions for 46 yards and one touchdown. Also credited with a special teams tackle. Garnered Pac-12 Academic Honor Roll accolades.
- In 2019, he saw action in 12 games (two starts) and recorded four receptions for 90 yards and one touchdown. He also added three special teams tackles. Fernea was presented a scholarship prior to the opening game of the season.
- As a junior, he appeared in 12 games and tallied two receptions for 19 yards and also registered four special teams tackles.
- In 2017, he appeared in eight games primarily on special teams and did not record any statistics.
- As a freshman, he saw action in one game on special teams and did not register any statistics.
- Attended Dripping Springs (Texas) High School.
- Named first team all-district on offense and defense.
- Also lettered in baseball and track and was named first team all-district in baseball.
- Selected as a 2015 Central Texas Top 50 athlete by the Austin American Statesman.
- Majored in political science and enrolled in the transformative coaching and leadership graduate program.
- His last name is pronounced FIR-knee-uh.
- A native of Dripping Springs, Texas.