* The Bengals defeated the Colts in their fourth and final preseason game, 38-7. The Colts' lone score came in the first half on a 22-yard touchdpon pass from quarterback Jim Sorgi to wide receiver Taj Smith. The pass capped off a eight-play 72-yard drive. The Colts resume action on Sept. 13 when they host Jacksonville in the regular-season opener.*
FOURTH QUARTER (11:57 remaining)
Bengals running back DeDe Dorsey blocked Pat McAfee's punt and returned the ball six yards for the score. **
THIRD QUARTER (8:34 remaining)
The Bengals drove 72 yards and scored on a 25-yard pass from Palmer to tight end Kolo Kapanui. Cincinnati rushed the ball six times on the drive and milked over six minutes off the clock. **
SECOND QUARTER (0:32 remaining)
A Colts fumble on third down gave the Bengals possession back inside Indy's red zone. Cincinnati running back Brian Leonard ran 12 yards to move the Bengals to the 2. Two plays later, Leonard punched the ball into the end zone.
SECOND QUARTER (1:54 remaining)
Following the two-minute warning and with the ball on Indy's 7, Palmer hit wide receiver Chris Henry for a touchdown to put Cincinnati up 10. The score capped off an 81-yard drive.**
SECOND QUARTER (13:40 remaining)
After losing the ball on a fumble, the Colts quickly gained possession back. Rookie defensive back Jacob Lacey intercepted a Jordan Palmer pass to give Indianapolis the ball at their own 39. **
FIRST QUARTER (3:19 remaining)
Following the Colts' touchdown drive, the Bengals returned the kick-off to the 50. From there, Cincinnati drove the ball 18 yards, including a 10-yard run by running back Bernard Scott, and K-Sam Swank connected on a 49-yard field goal.
FIRST QUARTER (6:04 remaining)
Quarterback Jim Sorgi led the Colts on a 74-yard drive capped off by a 22-yard touchdown pass to wide receiver Taj Smith. Smith caught the ball on the right side of the field, avoided a Cincinnati defender and sprinted down the sideline and into the end zone to tie the game. Sorgi and Smith also connected earlier on the drive for two passes (11, 3), one of which was good enough for a first down. K-Adam Vinatieri converted on the extra point. Sorgi has now completed 5-of-7 passes for 62 yards.
FIRST QUARTER (10:46 remaining)
The Bengals scored on their first drive of the night, culminating in a 14-yard touchdown pass from quarterback J.T. O'Sullivan to wide receiver Andre Caldwell.
• 6-yard punt block return from RB-DeDe Dorsey COLTS 7, BENGALS 38
• 25-yard touchdown pass from QB-Jordan Palmer to TE-Kolo Kapanui (Drive summary: 10 plays, 72 yards, 6:26 seconds) COLTS 7, BENGALS 31
• 4-yard touchdown run by RB-Brian Leonard (Drive summary: 3 plays, 14 yards in 0:55 seconds) COLTS 7, BENGALS 24
• 7-yard touchdown from QB-Jordan Palmer to WR-Chris Henry (Drive summary: 8 plays, 81 yards in 4:11 seconds) COLTS 7, BENGALS 17
• 49-yard field goal by K-Sam Swank (Drive summary: 6 plays, 21 yards in 2:50 seconds) COLTS 7, BENGALS 10
• 22-yard touchdown pass from QB-Jim Sorgi to WR-Taj Smith (Drive summary: 8 plays, 74 yards in 4:37 seconds) COLTS 7, BENGALS 7
• 14-yard touchdown pass from QB-J.T. O'Sullivan to WR-Andre Caldwell (Drive summary: 5 plays, 61 yards, 2:33 seconds) COLTS 0, BENGALS 7