The Indianapolis Colts overcame two early turnovers to trounce the Tennessee Titans on Sunday Night Football, 31-9.
Rookie wide receiver Austin Collie finished with eight receptions for 97 yards and two touchdowns. Quarterback Peyton Manning passed for over 300 yards for the fifth consecutive game and completed 36-of-44 passes for three touchdowns and one interception.
For more on tonight's game, check back with Colts.com.**
FOURTH QUARTER (7:32 remaining)
The Colts put together a 15-play drive that lasted almost nine minutes, resulting in a 23-yard field goal by K-Adam Vinatieri. On the drive, running back Joseph Addai caught his 10th pass of the game. **COLTS 31, TITANS 9
END OF THIRD QUARTER
The Colts have the ball around midfield as the third quarter comes to a close. On the last defensive possession, defensive end Dwight Freeney registered his first sack of the game, extending his sack streak to six consecutive games. **
THIRD QUARTER (10:43 remaining)
On second-and-goal, Manning connected with Collie for his second touchdown of the game and Manning's third. The Colts' offense drove 31 yards after defensive back Tim Jennings intercepted a pass from Titans quarterback Kerry Collins. **COLTS 28, TITANS 9
Starting from their own seven-yard line, the Colts went 93 yards in 47 seconds for their third touchdown of the first half. Manning hit rookie wide receiver Austin Collie for a 39-yard touchdown, the second of his young career, with just 17 seconds before halftime.
At the half, Manning has completed 20-of-24 passes for 200 yards, two touchdown and one interception. COLTS 21, TITANS 9
SECOND QUARTER (1:04 remaining)**
Despite their good field position, the Titans were forced to settle for yet another field goal, their third of the half. **COLTS 14, TITANS 9
SECOND QUARTER (4:58 remaining)
Quarterback Peyton Manning completed all seven of his pass attempts and orchestrated an 81-yard touchdown drive to give the Colts en eight-point lead. Running back Joseph Addai capped off the 12-play drive with a one-yard score up the middle. **COLTS 14, TITANS 6
FIRST QUARTER (0:28 remaining)
Another Titans field goal cut the Colts' lead to one. Bironas made the 43-yard attempt after the Titans declined an offsides penalty that would have put them at third down, but out of field-goal range. **COLTS 7, TITANS 6
FIRST QUARTER (4:20 remaining)
Titans kicker Rob Bironas converted a 49-yard field goal to give Tennessee their first points of the game. **COLTS 7, TITANS 3
FIRST QUARTER (7:28 remaining)
The Colts took the first lead of the game on 4th-and-1 from Tennessee's three-yard line, when quarterback Peyton Manning rolled to his right and hit wide receiver Reggie Wayne in the end zone for a touchdown. The touchdown was set up by Colts safety Antoine Bethea, who forced Titans tight end Alge Crumper to fumble. Defensive end Keyunta Dawson recovered the ball and returned it to Tennessee's 23. COLTS 7, TITANS 0
FIRST QUARTER (12:07 remaining)
After winning the toss and electing to receive, the Colts' offense picked up one first down before the Titans' defense forced them to punt. Colts punter Pat McAfee's punt sailed into the end zone for a touchback.
The following Colts are inactive today… WR-Anthony Gonzalez, QB-Curtis Painter, RB-Mike Hart, DB-Kelvin Hayden, DB-Marlin Jackson, OL-Charlie Johnson, DT-Fili Moala, SS-Bob Sanders
• 3-yard touchdown pass from QB-Peyton Manning to WR-Reggie Wayne (Drive summary: 5 plays, 23 yards, 1:30 seconds) COLTS 7, TITANS 0
• 49-yard field goal by K-Rob Bironas (Drive summary: 5 plays, 6 yards, 1:31 seconds) COLTS 7, TITANS 3
• 43-yard field goal by K-Rob Bironas (Drive summary: 4 plays, 9 yards, 2:37 seconds) COLTS 7, TITANS 6
• 1-yard field goal by RB-Joseph Addai (Drive summary: 12 plays, 90 yards, 6:46 seconds) COLTS 14, TITANS 6
• 46-yard field goal by K-Rob Bironas (Drive summary: 12 plays, 52 yards, 3:54 seconds) COLTS 14, TITANS 9
• 39-yard touchdown pass from QB-Peyton Manning to WR-Austin Collie (Drive summary: 6 plays, 93 yards, 0:47 seconds) COLTS 21, TITANS 9
• 6-yard touchdown pass from QB-Peyton Manning to WR-Austin Collie (Drive summary: 7 plays, 31 yards, 3:46 seconds) COLTS 28, TITANS 9
• 23-yard field goal by K-Adam Vinatieri (Drive summary: 15 plays, 70 yards, 8:38 seconds) COLTS 31, TITANS 9