Indiana Pork Tenderloin Tenders from Maggie Hellman of Indianapolis was the winner in the 2018 Colts Tailgate Recipe of the Year Contest presented by the Indiana Corn Marketing Council and the Indiana Soybean Alliance and their checkoff dollars.
This recipe is featured in the Tailgating with the Colts Cookbook. Click here to see all the recipes in this year's cookbook.
Indiana Pork Tenderloin Tenders from Maggie Hellman
- 4 Boneless Pork loin Chops cut 1 inch thick
- 1 cup Flour
- 2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 2 tsp Onion Powder
- Salt and Pepper
- 2 Eggs
- 2 cups Panko bread crumbs
- 3 TBS Chopped Sage (fresh)
- Heat oil in Fryer (or cast iron pot) to 400 degrees.
- Pound Pork Loin Chops to 1/2 inch thick or a little less.
- Cut into 1 inch wide strips.
In three separate bowls:
- Mix Flour, garlic powder and onion powder.
- Whisk two eggs
- Mix Panko bread crumbs and sage
- Take the Pork Strips and place in the Flour Mixture, then the whisked Egg, then Panko mixture. Place in 400 degree oil and fry for 4 to 5 mins until dark golden brown.
- Place on paper towels to drain excess oil from tenders.
- Enjoy with favorite sauce! (suggest: Ketchup and Hellman's Mayo mixture)
Other great tailgate recipes: