SOCIAL MEDIA FAN VOTING OPENS FOR 2017 PRO BOWL
- For the first time, fans may now cast their vote through social media by using #ProBowlVote on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram --
- All-Stars to be Announced on Pro Bowl Selection Show on NFL Network on Tuesday, December 20
- Re-Imagined Pro Bowl Week Culminates with Traditional AFC-NFC Matchup at Camping World Stadium in Orlando
Beginning today, for the first time, fans may vote for who they want to see on the 2017 Pro Bowl roster via social media by using #ProBowlVote and the player's first and last name on Twitter and Instagram. On Facebook, fans may comment on any official Pro Bowl Vote post by the NFL or a club.
The Pro Bowl players are determined by the consensus votes of fans, players and coaches. Each group's vote counts one-third toward determining the 88 All-Star players who will be selected to the Pro Bowl. NFL players and coaches will cast their votes on Friday, December 16.
Fan voting for the 2017 Pro Bowl will continue online and on web-enabled mobile phones at www.Colts.com/ProBowl until Tuesday, December 13. See official rules on how to vote at [www.NFL.com/probowlvoterules.c
om](http://www.nfl.com/probowlvoterules.com). The Pro Bowl players will be announced on Tuesday, December 20 in a live primetime special on NFL Network.
The NFL is the only sports league that combines voting by fans, coaches and players to determine its all-star teams. It was the first professional sports league to offer online all-star voting in 1995.
The 2017 Pro Bowl will feature a return to the traditional AFC vs. NFC format following three years using a revised, "unconferenced" structure.
The game will be played on Sunday, January 29, 2017 and simulcast live on ESPN and ESPN Deportes from Camping World Stadium in Orlando, Florida. Fans may visit NFL.com/ProBowlOnSale to purchase game tickets.
Leading up to the Pro Bowl, the NFL will host new activities to celebrate all levels of the sport at Walt Disney World Resort and throughout Orlando. Highlights of PRO BOWL WEEK festivities include:
- Pro Bowl AFC and NFC practiceswill be held alongside youth football competitions, activities and fan events at ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex at Walt Disney World Resort, which annually hosts more than 100 youth sports events, such as the Pop Warner Super Bowl.
- The 2017 Pro Bowl players will also be able to invite their former youth or high school coach to be a part of the celebrations during the week. Players on the winning Pro Bowl team will receive a grant from the NFL Foundation to support their youth or high school football program.
- The first-ever NFL Women's Career in Football Forum will be held in conjunction with USA Football's Women's World Football Games at ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex at Walt Disney World Resort. The forum will prepare women for careers in football operations, including coaching, officiating and scouting.
- NFL FLAG Championships and Punt, Pass, and Kick National Championships will take place at ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex at Walt Disney World Resort. The 13-14 Boys Championship Game will be aired on ESPN as part of the network's broadcast of the Pro Bowl at Camping World Stadium.
- The fourth annual USA Football National Conference will take place at the Orange County Convention Center during the weekend of Pro Bowl. USA Football, the sport's national governing body and a member of the U.S. Olympic Committee, leads the largest annual conference of high school and youth football administrators and high school coaches in the United States. More than 650 participants from all 50 states attended USA Football's 2016 National Conference in Indianapolis, addressing coach education, player safety and key trends through inspiring speakers representing youth, high school, collegiate and pro levels. This year's conference will host over 1,000 participants, featuring current and former NFL and college coaches who will lead discussions on leadership, program building, and X's and O's football strategy.
- The Don Shula NFL High School Coach of the Year Award winner will be announced during the Pro Bowl as part of a year-long recognition of high school coaches on ESPN. The award honors high school football coaches that display the integrity, achievement, and leadership exemplified by Pro Football Hall of Famer DON SHULA, the winningest coach in NFL history.
- Pro Bowl festivities for youth and their families will take place throughout the week across Orlando, including a Pro Bowl-themed 5k run and a parade of Pro Bowl players in the Magic Kingdom.
Who will get your vote for the 2017 Pro Bowl? Submit your ballot at Colts.com/ProBowl