Recently the Indiana Soybean Alliance and Indiana Corn Marketing Council in partnership with the Indianapolis Colts hosted the Colts Best Recipe of the Year Contest. A cookbook was created featuring the finalists recipes including Matt's Kielbasa Kraut. You can download your copy HERE.
MATT'S KIELBASA KRAUT
2 Polish Kielbasa sausages
1 large bag of sauerkraut
1 beer of choice, or water
4 Tbs brown sugar
8 hoagie rolls
- Mix brown sugar and beer together in a bowl. Set aside.
- Cut sausages into hoagie length cuts.
- Place sausages and sauerkraut into a crockpot.
- Pour beer mixture over sauerkraut and sausages.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Place sauerkraut and sausage on a hoagie roll, and top with spicy mustard.
- Nutrition facts: *555 calories, 32 g fat, 10 g saturated fat, 20 g protein, 32 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 61 mg cholesterol, 1570 mg sodium
Excellent source of protein, iron.
Good source of fiber, vitamin C.
Nutrition facts based on 8 servings.
Go ahead! Pile the sauerkraut on that protein-rich kielbasa for extra health-boosting nutrients. Since it's made from cabbage, sauerkraut gives you fiber, vitamin C and plenty of phytonutrients to help support your immune system.
FOOD SAFETY TAILGATING TIP
Remember to keep hot food hot – at least 140 degrees – so food stays safe and your guests avoid foodborne illnesses.
OTHER GREAT TAILGATING RECIPES
LB's Crock Pot Beer Brats from The Farmwife Crafts.
Cooking Hot Dogs in Bulk from Recipes that Crock.
Crock Pot Sweet and Sour Smoked Sausage from The Farmwife Cooks.
Oven Coney Dogs from Beyer Beware.
Crock Pot Beer Brats from The Farmwife Feeds.