How to Pledge: Visit our website: http://www.in.gov/bitterpill/takethepledge.html to take the pledge to combat abuse and sharing of Rx drugs.
Indiana Attorney General, Greg Zoeller, and his Prescription (Rx) Drug Abuse Prevention Task Force have teamed up with the Indianapolis Colts to raise awareness of this devastating public health epidemic that's killing more Hoosiers each year than motor vehicle accidents. The high school that raises the highest percentage of pledges by October 22nd will win.
Beneﬁts of Raising the Most Pledges:
- Win $5,000 for your high school.
- A check will be presented by the Colts at a pep rally at your school.
- Be recognized as a proactive community leader for combatting the Rx drug epidemic in our state.
Why Pledges are Needed:
- 1 in 5 Indiana teens are abusing Rx drugs.
- 1 in 4 Indiana high school seniors has used prescription drugs for non-medical use.
- According to a recent study, 77% of heroin addicts started out using Rx drugs.