INDIANAPOLIS – Two Colts are going back to the Pro Bowl this season
T.Y. Hilton and Pat McAfee were named to the AFC Pro Bowl roster on Tuesday night.
This year's Pro Bowl will be played in Orlando, with the old format of the AFC/NFC returning on January 29, 2017.
Here's a look at the 2017 Colts Pro Bowlers:WR-T.Y. Hilton (3rd Pro Bowl season: 2014, 2015, 2016)
- Hilton's 81 catches for 1,248 are on the verge of career-highs with two weeks still remaining this season.
- Hilton ranks in the top 10 in the league in receptions (9th), receiving yards (2nd), 25 yard receptions (tied for 1st) and first-down receptions (3rd).
- If Hilton (1,248) passes Julio Jones (1,253 yards) and wins the NFL receiving title this year, he would be the first Colt to accomplish that since Reggie Wayne in 2007.
P-Pat McAfee: (2nd Pro Bowl season: 2014, 2016)
- McAfee has 49 punts for 2,408 yards this season.
- He is 1st in the NFL in punting average (49.1) and 3rd in net punting average (42.8).
- McAfee plays a big role in the Colts average defensive drive start at the 26.9-yard line (6th best in the NFL).
Here are the 2017 Pro Bowl teams.
Andrew Luck, Erik Walden and Adam Vinatieri all have had Pro Bowl worthy seasons in 2016. However, the competition at those respective positions in the AFC made it difficult for that trio to get a Pro Bowl nod. Alternates for the Pro Bowl will come in January.