INDIANAPOLIS —What has to happen for the Indianapolis Colts to earn a postseason berth? Check out the latest scenarios for Indy to win the AFC South Division title or earn a wild card spot heading into its Week 15 matchup Sunday against the Dallas Cowboys at Lucas Oil Stadium.
This weekend, Colts fans should absolutely be cheering for:
- The Colts to defeat the Cowboys (of course).
- The Jets to defeat the Texans.
- The Patriots to defeat the Steelers.
- The Buccaneers to defeat the Ravens.
- The Vikings to defeat the Dolphins.
The Colts win the AFC South Division at 10-6 if…
…the Texans lose out.
- Colts hold all the tiebreakers over Houston, but don't need them if the Texans drop their final three and the Colts win outright.
...the Texans lose two of their final three games (with divisional tiebreakers coming into play depending on which teams Houston loses to).
- Colts hold the divisional tiebreaker with a Houston loss to Jacksonville or the common games tiebreaker with Houston losses to the Jets and Eagles.
The Colts win the AFC South Division at 9-7 if…
…the Texans lose out.
- Colts own the tiebreaker.
…AND the Colts defeat the Titans in Week 17.
- This factors in if the Titans enter the game 9-6; a win gives the Colts head-to-head tiebreaker.
The Colts win the Wild Card at 10-6 if…
…the Steelers or the Ravens lose one of their final three games AND Miami loses one of their final three
- Losses by two of the three would give the Colts an outright bid for the Wild Card.
The Colts win the Wild Card at 9-7 if…
…Indy beats Tennessee, AND Miami also finishes 9-7, AND Baltimore wins out to go 10-6, AND the Steelers drop two of three to finish 8-7-1.
- Colts hold the head-to-head tiebreaker against Miami in the case that no other teams finish with 9-7 record.
...Indy beats Tennessee, AND Baltimore also finishes 9-7, AND Pittsburgh wins out to go 10-5-1, AND Miami drops two of three.
- Baltimore currently leads the common games tiebreaker but if the Colts beat Tennessee that ties the two teams and the Indy's strength of victory edges out the Ravens'.
...Indy beats Tennessee, AND Miami also finishes 9-7 but loses to either Buffalo or Jacksonville, AND Baltimore also finishes 9-7 but loses to either the Los Angeles Chargers or Cleveland, AND Pittsburgh wins out to go 10-5-1.
A Colts win over Tennessee would bounce Miami from the conference wins tiebreaker; Indy would be tied with Baltimore and hold the tiebreaker for strength of victory.