Colts, Indiana Blood Center Host Bleed Blue Blood Drive presented by CardioChek
INDIANAPOLIS – The Colts have made plenty of history on the field in recent seasons.
Now, they're hoping to make it off the field.
The Colts, through a partnership with the Indiana Blood Center, on Tuesday, December 9, will host their annual Bleed Blue Blood Drive presented by CardioChek. They will do so inside Lucas Oil Stadium in downtown Indianapolis, with the idea of making it the biggest blood drive in the history of the Indiana Blood Center
"Colts fans always step up," Colts Senior Vice President of Sales and Marketing Tom Zupancic said. "Part of being a Hoosier is to help your neighbor in times of need.
The fans of Indiana over the years have helped make the Colts' home stadium one of the biggest home field advantages in the NFL. Now, we're encouraging fans to make Lucas Oil Stadium the place where the Colts and their supers set a record for giving the gift of life."
The drive will be held on Lucas Oil Plaza, located on the north side of the stadium, with each fan participating receiving a limited edition Gary Brackett football and photograph.
The Colts also are offering donors other exclusive opportunities that day, including:
• Gary Brackett Autograph Session, presented by CardioChek. Colts middle linebacker Gary Brackett will be on-hand from noon-1 p.m. to sign autographs for donors.
• Blue and Colts Cheerleaders. From 5-7 p.m., the NFL's No. 1 mascot will be on hand for autographs and pictures. Colts Cheerleaders will also be at the stadium during that time period to thank donors.
• Free Blood Pressure Screenings. Novartis Pharmaceuticals, a proud supporter of the 2008 Bleed Blue Blood Drive, will be at the stadium offering fans free blood pressure screenings as a part of their Tackling High Blood Pressure program.
• Chance to kick a field goal through the uprights at Lucas Oil Stadium. Think you've got what it takes to be the next Peyton Manning or Adam Vinatieri? Here's your chance to prove it. Throughout the day, fans will have the opportunity to go down onto the field at Lucas Oil Stadium and kick a field goal or throw a pass.
• Face Painter. Complimentary face painting will be available from 5-7 p.m.
• Corporate Challenge for Indiana Businesses. Does your company bleed blue? Here's your chance to showcase your office's Colts pride. The company that has the most employees donate at the stadium that day will receive a special commemorative painted football. To register your company for the corporate challenge, email Magon Works at the Indiana Blood Center (email@example.com).
PARKING INFORMATION: During the blood drive, complimentary parking will be available for all donors in the South Lot of Lucas Oil Stadium (entry off of Capitol Ave.). Fans must enter the stadium that day through the Sprint East Gate.
IMPORTANT NOTE: To celebrate this historical drive, the Indiana Blood Center will close all six (6) of its Central Indiana branch offices that day to encourage Hoosiers in the area to visit the stadium to donate. Please join us at Lucas Oil Stadium on Tuesday, December 9, as we team up to save lives and made a difference.
For more information on the 2008 Bleed Blue Blood Drive, please visit www.colts.com/bleedblue.