INDIANAPOLIS – The Colts minute playoff hopes are alive, for at least five more days.
In a 10-game scenario the Colts MUST have in order to play meaningful football in January, they crossed game No. 1 off that list on Monday night.
With the Broncos beating the Bengals in overtime on Monday Night Football, the Colts will enter Week 17 with at least a chance (a very, very small one) to play in the postseason.
If you want the reasoning behind why the Colts need so much help in Week 17, head here for the breakdown on the tiebreakers.
The Colts need every single one of the following results to occur on Sunday to win the AFC South (home team in bold):
- Colts (7-8) beat Titans (3-12)
- Jaguars (5-10) beat Texans (8-7)
- Bills (7-8) beat Jets (10-5)
- Dolphins (5-10) beat Patriots (12-3)
- Falcons (8-7) beat Saints (6-9)
- Ravens (5-10) beat Bengals (11-4)
- Broncos (11-4) beat Chargers (4-11)
- Raiders (7-8) beat Chiefs (10-5)
- Steelers (9-6) beat Browns (3-12)
From the NFL, scenarios regarding the Texans and Colts in Week 17:HOUSTON TEXANS (vs. Jacksonville)
Houston clinches AFC South division with:
1) HOU win or tie OR
2) IND loss or tie OR
3) HOU clinches strength of victory tiebreaker over IND or clinches strength of schedule tiebreaker over IND
Note: HOU clinches strength of victory tiebreaker over IND if one of the following teams wins or ties: CIN, NE, NO, NYJ, SD
HOU clinches strength of schedule tiebreaker over IND if KC wins or ties and BAL wins or ties as long as both teams don't tie
INDIANAPOLIS COLTS (vs. Tennessee)
Indianapolis clinches AFC South division with:
1) IND win HOU loss IND ties HOU in strength of victory tiebreaker and clinches strength of schedule tiebreaker over HOU
Note: IND ties HOU in strength of victory tiebreaker and clinches strength of schedule tiebreaker over HOU if BOTH of the following occurs:
a) all of the following teams win: ATL, BAL, BUF, DEN, MIA
b) OAK win or tie PIT win or tie as long as both teams don't tie
If Houston and Indianapolis end up tied in strength of victory and tied in strength of schedule, the teams would then go to the next tiebreaker, which is best combined ranking among AFC teams in points scored and points allowed in all games.