NASHVILLE — The Indianapolis Colts fell to 2-4 on the season after their 36-22 loss to the Tennessee Titans on Monday at Nissan Stadium.
Here's a list of stats and notes from the matchup, courtesy of Colts PR:
- Quarterback Jacoby Brissett completed 21-of-37 passes for 212 yards and one touchdown for an 82.3 passer rating.
- Brissett tied a career-high with 37 passing attempts, which he previously set in Week 2 against Arizona. He gave the Colts a 10-6 lead with his eight yard touchdown pass to Jack Doyle in the second quarter.
Running back Frank Gore led the team with 10 carries for 49 yards (4.9 avg.) and added two receptions for 18 yards.
- Tight end Jack Doyle led the Colts with seven receptions totaling 50 yards with one touchdown.
- Doyle gave the Colts a 10-6 lead in the second quarter with his first touchdown reception of the season. Three of Doyle's nine career touchdown catches have come against the Titans.
Wide receiver Donte Moncrief finished with season highs in receptions (five) and receiving yards (67).
- Outside linebacker John Simon led the team with 11 tackles (six solo) while adding 1.0 sack and his first career interception which he returned for a 26-yard touchdown. It was his first career touchdown and it gave the Colts at 19-9 lead in the third quarter.
- Simon's touchdown was the first defensive score for the team since Robert Mathis returned a fumble for a touchdown at Tennessee on Oct. 23, 2016. It was the first pick-six for the team since Jerrell Freeman's 23-yard return on Jan. 3, 2016 against the Titans.
- Simon was credited with a sack in the fourth quarter, which was his third of the season.
Wide receiver Quan Bray returned five kickoffs for 157 yards. * * Bray's 60-yard return in the fourth quarter tied his career long, which was previously set at Pittsburgh on Dec. 6, 2015. It led to an Adam Vinatieri 52-yard field goal.
Kicker Adam Vinatieri converted 3-of-3 field goals and one PAT for 10 points against the Titans. He passed Jason Hanson (327) for the fifth most regular season games played in NFL history. * * Vinatieri tied the game at 3-3 with his 36-yard field goal at the 6:45 mark of the first quarter. With the kick, he passed George Blanda (639) for the third most field goal attempts in NFL history. He converted again from 25 yards at the end of the second quarter to give the Colts a 13-9 halftime advantage. * Vinatieri tied the game at 22-22 with his 52-yard field goal conversion at the 7:27 mark in the fourth quarter. He is 3-of-3 in field goals from 50-plus yards this season.
Photos from the Monday Night Football game against the Tennessee Titans.