INDIANAPOLIS – Fans can catch Anthony Castonzo on the airwaves of 1070 The Fan this season.
Castonzo will join The Grady and Big Joe Show, which airs on Tuesday mornings from 10-12, during the season.
The debut of Castonzo on the show came earlier this week as a bit of a Training Camp preview for the seventh-year left tackle.
On the show, Castonzo had some interesting analyzation of the new-looked front seven for the Colts.
How does Castonzo view the revamped front seven after the offseason program?
- DL-Johnathan Hankins: "My first time really going against him, a tough man to move. On one hand, that's a pain in practice. On the other hand, this is going to be really good in the games because you realize how tough he is to move and it's exciting for our defense."
- DE-Kendall Langford: (who is on the PUP list and did not participate during the spring): "I know last year he just couldn't stay healthy, but I think he's going to be good to go this year. He's a stud. When he's healthy, Kendall's an absolute stud so we need him back for sure."
- DE-Henry Anderson: "He's proven since he's been on the team what type of player he is. He's good with his hands, quick, can get off the ball. It makes practice more difficult, but that's what we need."
- OLB-Jabaal Sheard: "I was going against Jabaal Sheard a lot in OTAs and he's bringing it off the edge. He's got a good combination of speed and power moves. It was real fun to be able to practice at that level every day."
- OLB-John Simon: "He's a guy that goes (all out) on every play."
- OLB-Tarell Basham: "He can come of the ball real quick."
In all, Castonzo is impressed by all the changes on defense, particularly at the outside linebacker position.
"We have depth at the outside linebacker position that I'm not sure we've had in the past," Castonzo says. "When those guys can stay fresh, that's a huge difference in the pass rush."
The analysis from those producing content on Colts.com does not necessarily represent the thoughts of the Indianapolis Colts organization. Any conjecture, analysis or opinions formed by Colts.com content creators is not based on inside knowledge gained from team officials, players or staff.