INDIANAPOLIS – Standing as the NFL's fifth-winningest team at 22-10 during the past two years, Indianapolis starts its quest for a third straight double-digit victory season and playoff berth by visiting Denver on Sunday, September 7.
The prime-time clash is the first of five prime-time Colts games in 2014.
INDIANAPOLIS COLTS 2014 SCHEDULE
at New York Jets
NEW YORK GIANTS
NEW ORLEANS SAINTS
at Cincinnati Bengals
at Denver Broncos
at Jacksonville Jaguars
at Houston Texans
at Pittsburgh Steelers
at New York Giants
NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS
at Cleveland Browns
at Dallas Cowboys
at Tennessee Titans
HOME GAMES IN BOLDFACE CAPS
All times local to Indianapolis
Kickoff times subject to change
2014 Schedule – By The Numbers
- 0 – Number of times Colts have opened a season with consecutive prime-time games.
- 1 – Number of new NFL venues Colts will visit in 2014. Indianapolis never has played in Dallas' AT&T Stadium.
- 1 – Number of division games on road before one played at home. Last season the Colts played all three AFC South teams on the road before hosting all three in December.
2 – Number of games Chuck Pagano needs to tie Ted Marchibroda for the most number of games without consecutive losses in Colts history.
- 2 – Number of times Colts play back-to-back road games.
- 2 – Number of teams Colts (22) play (Denver, 26; New England, 24) that have won more regular season games during 2012-13.
- 2 – Number of AFC South games for Colts after Thanksgiving.
- 3 – Number of years since Colts played both Cincinnati and Cleveland in same season.
- 3 – Number of December road games.
- 3 – Number of teams that have not appeared in Lucas Oil Stadium (regular season/playoffs) after Washington and Philadelphia visit (Arizona, New Orleans, Tampa Bay).
- 4 – Number of 2013 playoff teams the Colts play (Cincinnati, Philadelphia, New England at home; Denver on road).
- 4 – Number of head coaches Colts will face in first season with new team (Bill O'Brien, Houston; Ken Whisenhunt, Tennessee; Jay Gruden, Washington; Mike Pettine, Cleveland).
- 5 – Number of prime-time games (2 Monday Night; 2 Sunday Night; 1 Thursday Night).
5 – Number of years since Colts played three consecutive home games with no open date intervening.
- 5 – Number of times since 2007 the Colts have five games set for prime-time (2007-10, 2014) at the time of the schedule announcement.
- 5 – Number of times in Indianapolis era Colts have opened a season in prime-time (also 2004-05; 07-08).
- 6 – Number of outdoor road games guaranteed this season.
- 6 – Number of road wins in season openers during Indianapolis era.
- 7 – Number of years since Colts opened a season with a prime-time game.
- 9 – Number of years since Colts won a road season opener.
- 11 – Number of wins Indianapolis has on Thursday games (11-1-1 overall).
12 – Number of consecutive years Indianapolis-New England have met in regular season or playoffs.
15 – Number of times Indianapolis has opened on the road since 1984.
- 333 – Number of regular-season wins by Colts and New England from 1999-2013, the NFL's two winningest franchises.
- 9,498 – Number of round-trip miles calculated for eight Colts road games in 2014.