SAN FRANCISCO –For the first time in a decade, the Colts will be playing football on Christmas Eve.
The Colts are in California for their longest road trip west in 2016.
On Saturday, the Colts will try and keep their playoff hopes alive (while doing some scoreboard watching) in playing the 11-3 Raiders.
Here are some notes to keep an eye on before the Colts (7-7) and Raiders (11-3) meet up in Week 16:
RAIDERS GAME NOTES
- For those watching the game Saturday afternoon, tune into CBS where the top broadcasting crew of Jim Nantz, Phi Simms and Tracy Wolfson will have the call for the 4:05 p.m. EST kickoff. Tuning in on radio will take you to 1070 The Fan to hear 'Voice of the Colts' Bob Lamey, Jim Sorgi and Matt Taylor.
- Here are seven keys to watch in this Week 16 matchup between the Colts and Raiders.
- It's a very healthy bunch heading to Oakland. The Colts have ruled just one player out this week.
- If the Colts are going to make the playoffs, three things must happen: the Colts win out (@Oakland, vs. Jacksonville), the Texans lose out (Cincinnati, @Tennessee) and the Titans lose to the Jaguars this weekend.
- This road trip is the furthest the Colts have had in the United States this season (London was the longest trip of the season).
- Saturday's Christmas Eve contest is the first the Colts have played since 2006.
- The Colts are 1-2 against the AFC West this year (Beat San Diego, lost @Denver and to Kansas City).
- After Sunday, the Colts will have their regular season finale next Sunday afternoon at home versus the Jacksonville Jaguars (2-12)