Colts’ Anthony Walker Says He’s ‘All Clear’ After Entering Concussion Protocol

080917_training-camp-prax-walker

INDIANAPOLIS — After suffering a concussion during a mandatory minicamp practice last week, Indianapolis Colts linebacker Anthony Walker had the luxury of a few weeks to rest up and work his way through the league’s concussion protocol before reporting for training camp.

Apparently, all he needed was about one of those weeks to get back to full health.

Walker on Friday, responding to a tweet about his concussion from June 14, said he’s “All Clear:”

The second-year Northwestern product had been seen working in with the theoretical first-team defense at MIKE linebacker throughout most of the Colts’ OTA and minicamp practices available to be watched by the media.

But on June 13, he got tangled up with teammates during a run play, and would spend several minutes on his back being tended to by team trainers before being carted off the field.

Walker was back on the practice field the following day for the third and final minicamp practice, but was watching from the sideline. Colts head coach Frank Reich told reporters Walker “just had some incidental contact on a run play, so he’s in concussion protocol.”

Walker and the rest of his teammates report to Westfield’s Grand Park Sports Campus for the start of training camp on July 25.

Related Content

Advertising