Cheerleader of the Week - Larissa S.

Cheerleader of the week - Larissa S. diary

Sunday: October 2nd

Hello Colts Fans! My name is Larissa and this is my 4th year on the cheerleading squad. Today is the first day in a long time that I was able to sleep in. I went to the Toby Keith concert last night with my husband Andrew and another girl on the squad Lauren. We had so much fun! I woke up this morning and had lunch with Lauren. Later in the day I met my mom to go shopping. She helped me pick out some decorations for my home. I have only been married for a little over a month and we recently bought a new home that still needs to be decorated. I am very thankful to have my mom help me with this. Later in the evening, Andrew and I curled up on the couch to watch football and relax before our week begins!

Monday: October 3rd

Rise and shine! I woke up at 6:45 a.m. today. I slightly overslept, so I hurried to get ready. I live on the north side and I work downtown, so I had a bit of a drive ahead of me. Once I got to work I spent the morning catching up on emails and returning phone calls. Our company has a 1 p.m. Monday meeting every week, and I definitely wanted to make sure I was prepared for it. I was really busy today and the time flew by! After work I rushed home because we were having friends over to our home  to watch MNF! I ran home to clean the house and started making dinner. We had grilled tilapia, potatoes and salad. It was really good. We also celebrated a friend's birthday, so I made her birthday cupcakes J After dinner we all got pumped up for the Colts game. I was so impressed by Curtis Painter tonight. He made some awesome plays and kept his cool and composure the entire game. I know the team is getting closer to a victory. Before bed I packed my bag for practice tomorrow and laid out my work clothes. Good night Colts Fans!

Tuesday: October 4th

Today was another busy day at work. I had a meeting over lunch and didn't get any time to eat. Fortunately, I was able to leave my office a little early and stop and grab subway before cheerleading practice. Tonight we are practicing at Curtain Call dance studio. I wanted to get there a little early to go over the pregame dance we will be performing at the Kansas City home game. This dance is probably my favorite dance we have done all year. "Run is the world" is the name of the dance. This game in particular is all about women. It is breast cancer awareness month and all of our dance songs are based on women. The breast cancer game is always one of my favorites to cheer at. It's amazing to see so many people come together to support such a great cause. We were able to get a lot accomplished during this practice and all the girls are extremely excited for the game on Sunday. As soon as practice was over I headed home and was able to spend about an hour or so with my husband before I went to bed for the night.

Wednesday: October 5th

Good morning! I woke up extra early to head into the office today because I had an early morning conference call. We have been so busy here at Sondhi Solutions! But it has been a good kind of busy for the company. For lunch today my Co-Worker and I walked down to a little café off of the circle for lunch. I can just tell today is going to be a great day because of the gorgeous weather outside. Wednesday's are always my favorite day because that means you are half way through the work week, my favorite shows are on TV, and I usually get to spend the entire evening with Andrew. After work Andrew and I decided to cook out on the grill since the weather was so nice. I have an appearance and practice tomorrow so I wanted to make sure I have everything ready to go and organized before I go to bed. We were both exhausted and headed to bed around 11:30 p.m. Good night Colts Fans!

Thursday: October 6th

I woke up extra early again today. I have an appearance this afternoon and wanted to make sure I had time to curl my hair and put all of my make-up on before I get to work. Amazingly, I made it to work early today and had some extra time to grab coffee. I worked for a couple of hours then needed to change into my appearance clothes. I did the Apple Fest appearance today at Monument Circle. We stood by the "giving tree" for the afternoon and tried to get people to donate to the Salvation Army. We also left with some apple cobbler from the apple fest which was delicious! I went back to work for the remainder of the day and left a little early for practice. Tonight during practice all the cheerleaders received their flu shot. I do not like needles at all, so this was a little scary for me. After I managed to survive the flu shot we started our work out with our trainer Sean from Core Pilates and Fitness. Tonight's work out was a hard one, but it was definitely needed before our game on Sunday. Sean led up through a H.I.I.T (High Intesity Interval Training) work-out. If you have never done this work out before, you should definitely try it. I believe it is the best way to see fast results when you're trying to get in shape.  We ended up reviewing our dances for Sunday's game for the remainder of the practice. We actually got out of practice on time and I went home and went straight to bed!

Friday October 7th-

TGIF! Today is another busy day at work but I am very thankful it is the end of the work week. Tonight I am meeting one of my best friends for dinner. She used to be a Colts Cheerleader but after 4 years of cheering she decided to focus on her career outside of cheerleading. I worked very hard at the office all day today and hopefully will have a big account for our company closed on Monday. Keep your fingers crossed for me J After leaving downtown around 5 p.m. I headed back to the North side to meet Jessie for dinner at Bonefish. The bang bang shrimp there is my favorite. We both stayed and talked for a long time then we went back to Jessie's new apartment to hang out for a little bit. I finally made it home for the evening and watched a movie with Andrew. It was such an enjoyable Friday night.

Saturday October 8th:

Good morning Colts Fans! I was able to sleep until 9:00 a.m. this morning and it felt fantastic! As soon as I was up out of bed I went for a morning run. I love that the weather is still warm. After showering and making breakfast, Andrew and I decided to head down to Brown County for the day to visit his parents. They recently bought a new home in Nashville, IN. It was about an hour and 30 minute drive. We got there around lunch time and had lunch at an awesome restaurant and brewery where we were able to sit outside. I had some of their freshly brewed rootbeer and it was awesome. After we finished eating we walked around all of the Brown County shops. Andrew and I are getting a puppy on November 5th and we bought him a Colts puppy sweater at one of the shops. I am so excited to see him in it! I am literally counting the days until we get to bring our new puppy home. After spending the day in Brown County we headed back home around 5:30 p.m. Once we got home we sat around a campfire in our backyard for about an hour; then I was off to bed. I have an extremely early wake-up call for the game tomorrow!

Sunday October 9th:

Rise and grind Colts fans! It is 5 a.m. and I am up and ready to go. I literally rolled out of bed, brushed my teeth, put a little bit of make up on, got dressed and left for the stadium.  I stopped at Starbucks on the way to the stadium to pick up my usual skinny vanilla latte. We had to be at the stadium and ready to go no later than 6:30 a.m. Today is our breast cancer awareness game. During practice this morning we took the time to talk about how thankful we are as a squad to be so fortunate. We have a couple of girls on the squad whose mothers are breast cancer survivors. It was an emotional morning for the entire squad. Sometimes people don't realize how much time we spend together as a squad and how close we truly are. If one of us is going through a hard time, we are all affected by it. We seriously are a family that sticks together through thick and thin. After our morning practice we all gathered in the locker room to eat breakfast. We always sit around the giant table in the locker room and talk and laugh during breakfast. Today I had the HH Gregg autograph signing appearance before the game. I always love talking to the fans before the game. They are always so excited to be there! After we got back to the locker room I had hair and make-up with Tyler Mason then we were ready to hit the field J Since it was so beautiful outside, the roof was open and the breeze felt amazing. The first half of the game was fantastic. The team played great. The end of the game was a tough loss for us, but I know we are getting better and better each game. I always believe in blue and will continue to be proud of our team no matter what. After the game I met my parents and some family friends for dinner. When I got home I showered and went to bed. Tomorrow morning I have to be up bright and early once again for a Colts appearance at 7:30 a.m. at the downtown JW Marriott. Have a great night Colts Fans! Believe in Blue J

This article has been reproduced in a new format and may be missing content or contain faulty links. Please use the Contact Us link in our site footer to report an issue.

Related Content

2023 Colts Schedule Is Here!

2023 Colts Schedule Is Here!

The 2023 Colts Schedule has been revealed and single game tickets are on sale now! Score tickets to your favorite matchups today!