Skip to main content


Monday, August 3rd - Another cheerleader and I were meeting at the complex to ride in the limo to Training Camp in Terre Haute, IN. Once we arrived in Terre Haute Megann and I met up with Ali who was also doing the appearance with us.


Monday August 3rd, 2009 - Since summer school ended about 2 weeks ago I have been staying at my parents house in Peru, IN. I had to wake up bright and early for the appearance that was taking place today. Another cheerleader and I were meeting at the complex to ride in the limo to Training Camp in Terre Haute, IN.  Once we arrived in Terre Haute Megann and I met up with Ali who was also doing the appearance with us. We spent the next 2 ½ hours signing autographs, taking photos and chatting with fans. This was the first time that I had ever had an appearance at Training Camp and we had a blast. Ali even climbed the rock wall and made it all the way to the top! After the appearance was over Megann and I asked the limo driver if we could stop and get something to drink and snack on. I couldn't believe it, but the driver took the limo through the drive-thru! What a talented driver. I finally arrived back home around 9 p.m. I spent some time with my family then it was off to bed.

Tuesday August 4th, 2009 - Today I really had to wake up bright and early! I had a dentist appointment to get my teeth cleaned at 7 a.m.! I normally don't like visiting the dentist but today went well and no cavities for me! Next, I am off to the gym to get in a good work out. After that I decided since my grandma lives in Brownsburg and that is fairly close to the dance studio that we would be practicing tonight, that I would go and visit her. I didn't know that I would be driving through a monsoon to get there! The weather was terrible; I even had to pull over once because I couldn't see through all the rain. Luckily I made it to grandmas safely.  We spent the afternoon sipping her special iced tea and chatting. Since there is a lot of construction I left grandma's house fairly early in order to make it to practice on time. Thank goodness that I did because the road that I was going to take to the dance studio was closed! Luckily I found an alternate route and made it to practice in plenty of time. We started our practice out with Zumba! I love this because it is such a fun way to work out. During practice we learned the rest of our pre-game dance for the 2nd preseason game and we also learned a new endzone routine for that game. I finally made it back to Peru that evening around 11 p.m. then it was off to bed for me.

Wednesday August 5, 2009 - Today is my grandma Peggy's 86th birthday! My mom and I took her to lunch and shopping around the outdoor mall. We met up with my other grandma that lives in Brownsburg, my two cousins, and my aunt. One of my cousins announced that she is going to have another baby and we are all so excited for her! Our lunch was delicious! The little place that we ate had had the best soups and sandwiches and the berry green tea that I tried was amazing. After lunch we did a little bit of shopping and I found a purse on clearance that I love. Later on in the day we treated ourselves to ice cream and they made my grandma an ice cream cupcake. We returned home later that night and made dinner together. I decided to go for a run later that evening to try and work off all of the delicious food I had that day. I spent the rest of the evening working on my class schedule for next year and trying to set up an appointment with my advisor and make sure that I am guaranteed to graduate in May! I also worked on the new dances that we learned from Tuesday nights practice so I will be ready to perform on tomorrow nights practice.

Thursday August 6, 2009 - Today I woke up and had breakfast with my little brother Logan. I'm ready to move back to school and get the new semester started, but I have loved spending the last two weeks at home with my family. I'm really excited today because I am leaving for New York tomorrow to visit two of my good friends that live in NYC. Today I spent most of my time packing for the weekend. We also have to bring our game day uniforms to practice with us tonight and our military outfits that we will be wearing for our first preseason game halftime show. I wanted to make sure that I had all of that packed up in my car along with my suitcase for New York since I'm staying in Indy with my grandma tonight because I have an early flight in the morning. I tried to get to practice a little bit early to go over all the routines that we are performing in the first preseason game with the other cheerleaders. We started practice off my working out with cardinal fitness.  A wasp stung me during our workout! Ouch! Luckily, I'm not allergic so it wasn't that big of a deal. The guys from Cardinal Fitness definitely work us hard, but we really appreciate all the time they put into working with us. Next, we started on our half time show for our preseason game. My squad will be wearing the Air Force uniforms and I am so excited! After practice I headed to my grandma's house and got a good nights sleep.

Friday August 7, 2009 - I woke up refreshed and ready to travel! My grandma made me a quick breakfast and I was off to catch my plane to New York City! I decided to only take a carry on since I would only be staying two nights, but I had a horrible time fitting all my clothes into one little bag. Once I finally arrived in New York City I couldn't wait for all of the exciting things that we had planned. I finally made it to my friend Brittany's apartment and we headed straight to downtown. We did a lot of walking around and I felt totally overwhelmed. This was my third trip to New York but I have always taken part in all the tourist sightseeing. I had never gotten to see all the local places before.  We had an absolutely fabulous time.

Saturday August 8, 2009 - Brittany and I woke up bright and early to go shopping in Greenwich Village. There were hundreds of little boutiques and vendors around every corner. By the end of the day I didn't know how I was going to fit everything in my carry-on on the way home. At dinner that night we met my friend Kristen for dinner and the restaurant that we ate at served complimentary cotton candy for dessert. We were all so exhausted from the night before and all the shopping that we had done earlier that day we decided to call it an early night. Kristen took me into Queens to show me her apartment then we all sat around and laughed just like old times for the rest of the night. When we all got bored the girls made me show them all my cheerleading dances. It was good practice for me and they love watching the dances since they live so far away and never get to come to watch the games.

Sunday August 9, 2009 - We slept in a little bit today and decided to go into Brooklyn for brunch. We then walked back to the apartment and I began packing to head home. I felt like I still had so much to see and just not enough time to see it all. I was disappointed I had to get back so soon, but knew I had to get back to reality. I finally arrived back home to my parent's house around 8 p.m. I decided to head to bed early and try to get up for an early work out in the morning! I have a busy week ahead of our first preseason game and lots of practice. I can't believe our first game is only 5 days away.

This article has been reproduced in a new format and may be missing content or contain faulty links. Please use the Contact Us link in our site footer to report an issue.

Related Content

Single Game Tickets On Sale Now!

Single Game Tickets On Sale Now!

Our 2024 schedule is set! Secure your seats to all home games at Lucas Oil Stadium now.