Skip to main content
Indianapolis Colts


Read Kristine A.'s diary this week to find out what it's like to be a Colts cheerleader.


Monday, January 18, 2010 - What a weekend?! With the big victory over the Ravens on Saturday and anxiously awaiting the news of our AFC Championship opponent on Sunday, today is a day to relax and unwind. I was able to sleep in a little bit today for the first time in a long time and the rest was well needed after the eventful weekend. I peeled myself out of bed, made some oatmeal with fresh blueberries, and caught up on one of my favorite shows, Desperate Housewives. Soon I was off to work. When I finished working, I did not have much time to waste before Cardinal Fitness closed, so I rushed home to change and headed to the gym. I can say that I am still a little bit sore from Saturday's game, but exercise felt good on my sore muscles. When I completed my workout, I headed home to pack for my Blue Tuesday appearance tomorrow in Bloomington, IN. The limo leaves the Colts Complex at 8:00 AM sharp, so I am off to bed! Goodnight! 

Tuesday, January 19, 2010 - I really need to learn how to go to bed earlier! This morning when I my alarm went off, I felt like I hadn't even slept, but I jumped out of bed and got ready for my appearance today. I finished up my hair and makeup and double checked my bag to make sure I was prepared for the day; correct outfit - check, autograph cards - check, travel pillow to sleep in the limo - check, I was ready to go. I headed to the Colts Complex with my roommate Tessa D., where we met up with our other teammates, Arbara and Megann, and began our trip to Bloomington. I was able to take a long nap in the limo, which made the trip go by rather quickly. When we arrived at College Mall, where our appearance took place, we were greeted with a long line of enthusiastic Colts fans. We signed autographs, took pictures with fans, and shared the excitement of this weekend's festivities. Blue decided to play cupid and attempted to set me up with the guitarist in the band that was playing at the appearance; Blue is always looking out for us! The appearance flew by and it was time to head back to Indy. Tessa and I got home just in time to grab our practice gear and head back to the Colts Complex. At practice, we learned a couple of dances that we will be performing at the AFC Championship on Sunday. The dances became more and more difficult to retain as practice went on, but my teammates and I stayed an extra hour and a half or so after practice, so we would be prepared. I got home from practice, made some dinner, and now I am exhausted; GOODNIGHT!

Wednesday, January 20, 2010 - What do you know? Another day, another appearance! I try to do as many appearances as my schedule will allow and lucky for me, I have a really flexible schedule, so I do them often! Today Samantha, Tessa D., Kimberly, and I went all the way to Louisville, KY for a Blue Wednesday appearance at Jefferson Mall. We all arrived at the Colts Complex bright and early, where we met up with Theresa, our coordinator, and Chris, our intern. Chris is a little bit more reserved then Tessa and me... actually "a little" is an understatement, and whether he likes it or not, we always have a lot to talk to him about. I'm sure Chris was overjoyed when he realized he would be in the limo with Tessa and me for such an extended period and, as we always do, we had a lot to talk about. Time flies when you're having fun (well, maybe not for Chris) and before we knew it, we had reached our destination. Same as yesterday, we got to meet some dedicated Colts fans, but at this appearance we also got a chance to meet Sam's family, since we were so close to her hometown, Bardstown, KY. When the appearance wrapped up, we went to the food court to get some lunch to bring with us on the way home. We decided on Subway, where I proceeded to order chicken noodle soup to go. Now, how brilliant was that? For future reference, chicken noodle in a moving vehicle is not smart! As soon as the limo took off, my soup spilled all over my lap...awesome. Although, on the bright side, it ended up being really good soup! When Tessa and I got home, I headed to Cardinal Fitness for a workout and now it's time for bed!

Thursday, January 21, 2010 - This afternoon I had a healing stone massage at Tyler Mason Salon & Spa, it was amazing! This is my first time having a massage with the healing stones, and when the hour was over, I didn't want to leave. As relaxed as I was, I forced myself to get up so I could head downtown for the AFC Championship Pep Rally at Lucas Oil Stadium. I had forgotten how much I used to love pep rallies in high school until tonight. The event was open to the public and when I arrived at the stadium, there was a line of eager Colts fans that stretched across the parking lot. My teammates and I signed autographs and performed in small groups throughout the rally. There was a live band that performed and various members of the Colts organization spoke to help further the excitement of the crowd. When the pep rally concluded, our practice began. We worked really hard to polish our dances for Sunday and prepare ourselves for what is to come. Of course, I can't ever just come home and go to sleep, so after doing who knows what, I am finally ready for bed and have to be up in a few hours for an early appearance... sleep tight!

Friday, January 22, 2010 - This morning Ashli A. and I bundled up and headed out to the Meijer in Carmel, where fans were able to drive through the parking lot, collect playoff posters, and enter to win tickets to this weekend's game against the Jets. Although it was an early morning, something about a fired up Colts fan is enough to keep you motivated. After the appearance, I headed home to...  yes, you've guessed it, take a nap! Rough week, huh? When I woke up, I went to work and then to Cardinal Fitness. I will try to get some sleep tonight, but it may be difficult as the anticipation for Sunday rises...**

Saturday, January 23, 2010**

  • One day away! I am SO excited for tomorrow. Our game against the Jets will determine if we are Super Bowl bound or if the season ends. Today I headed to work, but only for a limited amount of time and then my friends and I went to our first Bar Mitzvah. What an extravagant event that was?! When the celebration concluded, I headed back to work for a few hours and then to Sun Tan City to spray tan before the game tomorrow. There was a lot to do when I got home between running through our dances for tomorrow and packing up my game day bag... well, I guess it is more like a suitcase with all of the gear we need for each game. When I finished packing, I found myself getting more and more anxious as I talked to my roommates, Jocelyn and Tessa D, about tomorrow's events. Here we go again, another night forcing myself to sleep with so much on my mind!

Sunday, January 24, 2010 - It's finally Sunday! My alarm went off early this morning and, unlike every other day, I did not hit snooze over and over, I couldn't with so many butterflies in my stomach! My roommates and I walked out of our front door and our neighbors had decorated our steps with Colts posters, pennants, and good luck signs. A perfect beginning to the day. We arrived at Lucas Oil Stadium and headed out on the field to practice. After going through formations and all of our dances a few times, we went back to our locker room for lunch and to get our hair and makeup done by stylists from Tyler Mason Salon & Spa. We then made our way up to the main concourse for our scheduled autograph signings and back to the locker room to get our uniforms on, have our prayer circle, and head out onto the field. Pregame was even more memorable than usual with a national anthem performance by Jordin Sparks and as Challenger, a bald eagle, soared above the field. The game began and my nerves went crazy! The first half was an emotional roller coaster, but with a connection from Manning to Collie for a touchdown just before the half, I was able to take a deep breath as we entered the locker room. The second half was a bit more reassuring with 17 more unanswered points. As the clock ticked in the fourth quarter, shock began to set in. Were we really going to the Super Bowl??? Everything seemed so unreal as the game clock expired and the celebration began. I moved to Indianapolis from Michigan to be a Colts Cheerleader and what a time to be here?!?! AFC Champions and Super Bowl bound??? I am still trying to comprehend the amazing experiences I'm having. After the AFC Championship trophy presentation, I met my best friend, Jenny, who came to the game from Louisville and we went out for a celebration dinner with Tessa D.'s family and some other friends. What an exciting week it has been and to think, there is so much more to come.... See you in Miami! GO COLTS!!!!!!

This article has been reproduced in a new format and may be missing content or contain faulty links. Please use the Contact Us link in our site footer to report an issue.

Related Content

2024 Season Tickets - Now Available!

2024 Season Tickets - Now Available!

Season Tickets for the 2024 Season are available now! Get access to the best seating locations, best pricing, and best benefits as a Colts Season Ticket Member!