Skip to main content


Sunday, December 13, 2009 - GAME DAY!!!!!! I am so excited to hit the field today I cannot wait to get there.


Monday, December 7, 2009 – Good morning Colts fans!!  Are you ready to spend the week with me?  So, it looks like things are shaping up to be a normal Monday here in the world of Cassandra.  My alarm for work, which I had to place half way across the room a few months ago so I wouldn't hit the snooze forever, didn't even get to go off this morning.  Not that I particularly love waking-up to the most annoying beeping sound in the world, but I would say it is better than having a 90 lbs Eastern Block German Shepherd jumping on you.  Sergeant was so eager to go outside he didn't even let me get my slippers on. (Sometimes I hate the fact that he can push me around like that) So, it was put the dog out, feed the cat, bring the dog in and get his food, and then it was time to get ready for work.  Work was the normal routine today.  Sit in meetings, send a few e-mails, go to lunch, and then I had to cram for my final tonight.  Once that clock hit 5 I was out the door like lightning to get to class on time.  I started my masters this semester and let me tell you it has made things crazy!  Off to class. 
* MAN…….I made it all the way through the paper portion of the final, start my presentation and wouldn't you know it, the power point I spent two weeks on didn't work.  I had a perfect video link to Simon roasting people on American Idol and we didn't get to see it.  So frustrating!  Okay it is almost 11 – talk to you tomorrow!

Tuesday, December 8, 2009 – Why does the alarm have to go off so early?  And, why is it cold, rainy, and windy enough to blow me over?  Yuck!  My day started at 5:30 this morning, with the normal pet and get ready for work routine, and to be honest with you I have no idea what I have done with all my time.  I guess my meeting this afternoon for work will give me something to look forward to.
* It is finally 2:30 and I have left the building for the day!  I love Tuesdays and Thursdays because I get to leave work early to get to practice on time.  My father is actually going to drive me tonight due to the weather.  We started on the road, lights started flashing on the car dash, and we had to turn around and get his truck.  I ended up just napping most of the way there to keep the stress levels down.  It is amazing how getting two extra hours of sleep during your day can really help your perspective. Practice went well.  It was a jam packed with information and routines but that is just about normal with a game this coming weekend.  It did feel nice to get a little workout however.  Okay, it is time for the 2 hour drive home. 

Wednesday, December 9, 2009 – Good morning!  As you can guess it was the normal give the kids "Sergeant and Majesty" attention and food and get myself ready for work.  Oh – did I mention I also have a little kitty that I bought from the local pound?  Right now she is half way up the Christmas tree and I think I am going to leave here there….see if that will teach her.  (It's about 9 pm)  Work was typical, but I actually got some reports finished.  I was planning on going to the gym but life threw me a curve ball and my plans changed.  It has been a slow day.

Thursday, December 10, 2009 – It was the normal routine again this morning.  I ended up getting to work a little later than usual due to a little accident on Main St.  Today at work was a little quicker than yesterday, which is always appreciated.  I did some reports, had a meeting, and searched for a new car.  Everyone says car shopping is so much fun, but I would have to disagree with them at this point.  It has been nothing but stress and I really don't like it.  Sorry all but I don't see the fun in it.  It was about 5 degrees when I left the house this morning so I decided to leave Sergeant inside today.  I ran home over my lunch to let him out and the "guard dog" was fast asleep on my bed upstairs.  By the time I got back from lunch the rest of the work day flew by.  I was out the door by 2:30 to make my way over to Indy for practice.  Dad didn't go this time so it was a long drive home.  No napping for me today.  :( 

Friday, December 11, 2009 – The alarm went off this morning – too early as usual.  Again, it was the normal routine and then off to work.  My week seems so much longer with out any homework to complete.  I feel like I should be doing something but there really is nothing for me to do – school wise.  My professor thought she would have our grades posted by the weekend.  However, I think I will be waiting until Monday to check for it.  I don't want to ruin a perfectly good game weekend!  I had a doctor appointment this afternoon, so I had to leave the building again for lunch.  I really like how it breaks up my day when I leave the building, but I really didn't appreciate the rain Mother Nature decided to give us.  So, I got a phone call from my dad telling me he found a car I might like – a Malibu.  I decided to go look at the car after work.  You know how it is when you are really just looking but once you see something so much better then what you have you decide that you really are not just looking any more.  Yeah, that is what happened with this one.  The car is amazing and the best color in the world – Colts Blue!  Did I walk out of there just looking……NO of course not…..I walked out of there with a hold on the car for me to figure out financing.  What a Friday night!  I stayed in town to have dinner with my parents and older sister.  It hit about 10 pm and I finally decided to hit the road for Indiana.  I just got to my sorority sisters apartment and it is seriously time for bed.   Later fans!  

Saturday, December 12, 2009 - It is normally not right to get up early on a Saturday but today was an exception.  I had a promotion in Fishers starting at 9 and where I stayed was about 45 minutes from there.  The promotion was a breakfast with Santa!!  It was so much fun and everyone was so nice.  All the little kids got to tell Santa what they wanted for Christmas and the Colts Cheerleaders got to sign posters and take pictures.  Blue was there too!  After the promotion I headed back to Indianapolis for about an hour of rest before going to the Indiana Farm Bureau Training Center for our Junior Cheer practice for the Christmas show this weekend.  Practice went well.  I think everyone is well prepared for tomorrow's game!  I love game weekends because you can just feel the excitement in everyone.  After practice eight of us decided it was dinner time and we headed to eat.  We had a blast at dinner and sat there talking for about two hours after we were finished eating.  Once dinner was over I just went back to the apartment I am staying at for the weekend.  It was an easy night and now it is time to get ready for game day!!

Sunday, December 13, 2009 – GAME DAY!!!!!!  I am so excited to hit the field today I cannot wait to get there.  Well, I have to be honest here.  I was not "super" excited at 5:45 this morning when the alarm went off but I was sure I would be once field practice was over and my body had woken-up.  Thank goodness my sorority sister only lives like 5 minutes away from Lucas Oil and I had pre-packed my bag because this morning was a rough one.  I just couldn't get my head out of the fog…figuratively speaking.  I got to the stadium around 6:30 and somehow managed to get my game day bag, practice bag, purse, and present for the half time show all into the building in one trip.  I was getting rained on the whole time because I didn't have a hand for an umbrella but at least I didn't have to make two trips.  We hit the field for practice around 7:00 am and began working on the routines.  We worked on our dances for about an hour and then Junior Cheer girls joined us for their practice.  After that it was time for breakfast!  The breakfast time never seams to last long enough.  Once we all get our food, sit down, and start talking time just flies.  I decided to go with curls for the game today instead of straight hair so I actually had some prep work for my hair today.  It took me longer then normal but it turned out semi-alright.  I don't think the ladies from Tyler Mason agreed with me considering they had to re-curl my whole head when my squad had their hair and make-up time.  What they did looked a million times better then what I had done, so I was grateful!  My squad had to run to our pre-game signing upstairs and then had to bolt back down for a super quick change into the Santa outfits for the game.  At 12:30 it was time to pray and then we hit the field for pre-game.  Pre-game went well and before I knew it the first half was over.  Second half started and during the 4th quarter Holly, the girl who stands next to me in sidelines was crowned as the Colts Pro Bowl nominee!!  We are all so proud of her.  We cheered hard, the players went even harder, and you guessed it, COLTS WIN!!!!  13-0…I cannot think of a better end/start to my week.  Go Colts!

This article has been reproduced in a new format and may be missing content or contain faulty links. Please use the Contact Us link in our site footer to report an issue.

Related Content

Single Game Tickets On Sale Now!

Single Game Tickets On Sale Now!

Our 2024 schedule is set! Secure your seats to all home games at Lucas Oil Stadium now.