Skip to main content


At 8:45am my second graders started arriving at school. They were all so excited the Colts won last night! I had a couple students bring in pictures or posters of the cheerleaders from the game to have me sign.


Monday November 16, 2009 - Today, I woke up at 7:00am. I struggled to get up since I did not get to bed until 1:30am because of the BIG Colts win over the Patriots last night! The game was amazing, but getting back to work was the harsh reality. At 8:45am my second graders started arriving at school. They were all so excited the Colts won last night! I had a couple students bring in pictures or posters of the cheerleaders from the game to have me sign. That was definitely interesting, but fun to say the least! It was tough to get through the day with hardly any sleep, but I managed to make it and headed home around 4:00pm. My final portfolio for teaching was due, so I had to stay up all night working on that…another night of no sleep! After working on my portfolio for hours, I finally headed to bed around 1:30am.

Tuesday November 17, 2009 - Today I woke up at 6:30am. Once again, it was a little bit of a struggle! I managed and made it to school. One of the teachers had a birthday so we got to eat donuts which, if you know me at all, you know I am obsessed with donuts! That was a wonderful way to start off the day. After a long but wonderful day of teaching, I headed home to get ready for practice. Around 5:30pm I started heading to practice at Curtain Call Dance Studio. We learned some new dances and got out of practice a little early. When practice was done, I headed back home, ate some dinner, and headed to bed.

Wednesday November 18, 2009 - Today I woke up at 6:30am. I had a workshop to go to this morning with some of the other teachers. When the workshop was over, we went to lunch and then headed back to school. I taught the rest of the day and for my health lesson at the end of the day, I took my students outside to stretch and do relay races. It was so much fun and they really enjoyed it. I headed home around 4:30pm and for dinner I went up to Ali's house for dinner. Ali is another cheerleader on the squad. Dinner was amazing and her husband makes AMAZING pound cake, so we had that for dessert! After dinner I made the long drive home and headed to bed.

Thursday November 19, 2009 - Today I woke up at 6:30am. I headed to school and taught all day. It was a pretty relaxed day. Everything ran pretty smoothly. After school I realized I need to be certified in CPR for my teaching license, so I registered for a CPR class online. I will have to take a test online and then prove I know what to do in an emergency at a one-on-one session. Once I was done registering for my class, I headed to practice at the Colts Complex around 5:30pm. We had a workout with Cardinal Fitness at the beginning of practice. After that, we set formations for our next pre-game routine. We practiced the rest of our new routines and then headed home.

Friday November 20, 2009 - I decided to sleep a little later today and I woke up at 7:15am. I got to school and my students started to arrive at 8:45am. We started the day off with morning circle. We do this everyday. It's a chance for the students to talk and share something with the rest of the class. After morning circle, the day got started and it never slowed down. We never stop moving in second grade! After school I stopped by the mall and then I babysat the rest of the evening. Once the kids went to sleep I took my CPR test online. When I got home I was so tired from the whole week, so I just went straight to bed!

Saturday November 21, 2009 - Today, I went down to good ole Bloomington, Indiana for the IU vs. Purdue football game! It seemed only natural to be there since I went to Indiana University for college. A big group of us went down and had a blast tailgating. The weather was beautiful. My friend Cristina and I went into the game and stayed for a little while. Unfortunately, IU came up short and lost the game but…maybe next year!

Sunday November 22, 2009 - My friends and I woke up in Bloomington and went to breakfast. I started heading home around 10:00am. Once I got home I finished up some school work, cleaned up the house, and took a little nap to prepare myself for the big game. At 1:00pm I started watching the Colts game. It was quite a game! It was a great week/weekend and now it is time to start another amazing week. There is no better way to start it then with the Colts being 10-0!!!

This article has been reproduced in a new format and may be missing content or contain faulty links. Please use the Contact Us link in our site footer to report an issue.

Related Content

Single Game Tickets On Sale Now!

Single Game Tickets On Sale Now!

Our 2024 schedule is set! Secure your seats to all home games at Lucas Oil Stadium now.