Skip to main content
Indianapolis Colts


Sunday, November 1, 2009 - GAME DAY!! GO COLTS!!! Even though I had to get up super early, I was really excited to get to LOS for our game against San Fran today! We all got to the locker room and were on the field for practice by 7 am. We had a long practice today because we had an extra...


Monday, October 26, 2009 - Mondays are more like Sundays for me since I started school at Aveda Fredric's Institute cosmetology program two weeks ago.  I go to school there on Tuesday-Friday from 9 am-5:30 pm and Saturdays from 8:15 am-5 pm.  So, my weekend has now become Sunday and Monday.  Today, I actually got to sleep in a little bit!  I woke up and had some breakfast and then I got ready to go to Cardinal Fitness for a fitness evaluation with Enrique and a quick workout.  I even ran into one of my fellow cheerleaders, Holly B., on my way out!  I headed back home to put the finishing touches on my Thriller costume for the game this Sunday.  I am SUPER excited for our awesome half-time show this week! :)  After finishing my costume, I had to get ready for work.  I teach classes at The Dance Refinery, the studio where I took classes when I was growing up.  I really enjoy working there because I've been there for so many years, it seems like we're all one big extended family.  And I love still being able to stay in touch with all the people I used to dance and compete with.  Tonight, I teach all types of dance classes - from ballet to hip hop – to various ages from 3-5 yr- olds to teens.  At 9:30 pm, I was finished working, so I went home and got everything ready for school and practice tomorrow since I go straight from school to practice.  I was beat, so I got ready for bed and called it a night!

Tuesday, October 27, 2009 - 6:15 am always seems to come a little too early.  I have to be at school by 8:45 am and it's about a 30 minute drive for me to get there.  (Aveda is located at Castleton Square Mall.)  Today, we started learning about Anatomy!  There is so much information in this chapter, I don't even know how I'm going to retain all of it and we didn't even finish the chapter today.  And if that wasn't bad enough, our test over this chapter is on Saturday!  Everyone in my class is pretty much freaking out.  Finally, 5:30 pm rolls around and I am free from school for the day!  Today, I should have been able to go home before practice because we weren't starting until 7 pm at LOS instead of at the complex.  But, as usual, I hit some traffic and didn't make it home until about 6:15 pm - just enough time for me to change clothes, grab a snack, brush my teeth and drive to LOS. :)  At practice, we were all hanging out in the locker room waiting for the Colts Kids Club Halloween Party to finish up.  We received most of our outfit pieces for the half- time show on Sunday and, when we were able to get on the field, we spent the whole practice working on our pre-game and half-time dances.  We wrapped practice up at 10 pm and I headed home, exhausted from a full day of school and a long night of practice.  At home, I got all my things together for the next day and then got some much-needed shut eye.

Wednesday, October 28, 2009 - It's 6:15 am again - time to get ready for the day!  I headed off to another long day at school.  The beginning of the program is pretty boring because it's just bookwork all the time!  I have a lot of trouble keeping myself awake throughout the day, but there is NO sleeping allowed!  We continued in our Anatomy chapter as I continued to get nervous for the test this Saturday.  I hope everything works out for the best.  No practice tonight means I have to work at the dance studio as soon as I can get there after school.  This is a fun week because it's the week of Halloween, so instead of handing out stickers to all the kids at the end of class - they get candy!  I finished working at 9:30 pm and headed to Wal-Mart for some last minute supplies I needed for school.  I swung back by the dance studio to pick up my sister and then we headed home.  My sister is 16 and dances there as well.  Like always, I got everything ready for the day tomorrow and then headed to bed.  This has really become quite the routine!

Thursday, October 29, 2009 - Wake up, wake up….it's 6:15 am!!!!!  I've come to realize Thursday is when my exhaustion from the week hits me.   But, I headed off to school right on time.  Today was the worst day yet!  We spent the entire day working on our notes, study guide, and definition cards for the Anatomy chapter.  Ugh!  Thank goodness for 5:30 pm!  After school, I headed straight to the complex for practice.  Today, we are having a special practice with all of the approximately 300 dancers who will be joining us for our Michael Jackson tribute half-time show.  This is going to be so exciting!!!  9 pm arrived and we ended practice and I headed home.  We've practiced so hard that we are all feeling pretty confident about our performance.  Once again, I got all my  things ready for the next day and headed to bed.  I am SOOOO sleepy!

Friday, October 30, 2009 - And it's 6:15 am again – Yeah!!!  Today, when I arrived at school, we found out we were having a special guest teach our class.  Her name is Carol Macy and she is a senior education instructor for Aveda and has been associated with Aveda for many years.  It was great to have someone different come in and give us a new perspective.  5:30 pm arrived and we were out of school - YES!  And then I remembered that we have our big anatomy test tomorrow - UGH!!!  So, my Friday night was FAR from fun!  It took me over an hour to actually get home because the traffic was so bad.  Then, I spent the rest of the night studying and "trying" to relax.  Saturday school days start even earlier, so I tried to get to bed at a reasonable hour so I would be well rested for my test tomorrow.  Nighty-night!

Saturday, October 31, 2009 - 5:30 am and Saturday do not go together very well . . . but it's Halloween!!  Since I have school today, we were allowed to dress up instead of our usual required black shirt and pants.  A group of us decided to all dress like the 80's!  It was so fun to dress up and see everyone else's outfits!  I wore some silver spandex pants that I borrowed from my fellow cheerleader, Erica H., and a long top with BIG shoulder pads and, of course, the BIG hair!  Everyone loved our costumes -  we rocked it!  But, now it was time for the big Anatomy test!!  I hoped it would go well and . . . Yeah, I passed!  Thank goodness!  I am SO glad that is over and done with.  After our test, we actually got to do some hands-on work!  We learned the proper technique for shampooing hair, the hand massage, and the mini facial.  We were all so happy we're finally getting to the fun stuff!  Even though we had some fun today, I was still so happy to get finished at 5 pm.  I got home and was greeted in the front yard by my nephews all dressed in their Halloween costumes.  My sister's fiance' had totally decked out our front porch and yard with Halloween decorations. It was pretty SPOOKY, I must admit.  He did a really good job.  I just hope it's not too scary for the little trick-or-treaters!  I wasn't planning on doing much tonight for Halloween since I have to get up so early tomorrow for the game.  But, my boyfriend, Justin, came home from school today (he goes to Purdue) and told me one of his friends was having a little get-together.  So, I packed my bag for the game and threw on a costume that my sister had.  I was a lady pirate, AARRRRGG!  I only stayed at the party for about an hour and a half, making sure not to stay up too late so that way I could get plenty of rest for Game day tomorrow.

Sunday, November 1, 2009 - GAME DAY!!  GO COLTS!!!  Even though I had to get up super early, I was really excited to get to LOS for our game against San Fran today!  We all got to the locker room and were on the field for practice by 7 am.  We had a long practice today because we had an extra hour to practice the half-time show with the other dancers.  We then headed into the locker room to have some breakfast and a little down time.  After that, we all began to get our hair and make-up done and just getting ourselves "game day ready."  We headed out to our different appearances before the game and then it was finally GAME TIME!  They had the roof open for the fly-over before the game so we were all freezing!  But, before we knew it, it was half time, which meant time to get in the MJ mode!  Our half time show went great!  Everyone loved our performance, especially Thriller!  After half time, we got to wear our warm-up jackets to keep us a little warmer.  Even though this was kind of a rough game, it was still a WIN.  YAY, 7-0!! GO COLTS!  After the game, I headed back home and spent the rest of the day relaxing.  After my long school week and game day, I was SO beat!  I headed off to bed kind of early because I could not keep my eyes open any longer!  Ha!Ha!  Well everyone, that's about it for my week.  Thanks for tuning in!  I hope to see you all at LOS helping us cheer for our COLTS!!

by Natalie H.

This article has been reproduced in a new format and may be missing content or contain faulty links. Please use the Contact Us link in our site footer to report an issue.

Related Content

2024 Season Tickets - Now Available!

2024 Season Tickets - Now Available!

Season Tickets for the 2024 Season are available now! Get access to the best seating locations, best pricing, and best benefits as a Colts Season Ticket Member!