Skip to main content
Indianapolis Colts


Thursday, October 22, 2009: Today, started early and before I knew it, time had flown by so fast, it was time for practice. We received an email that we are all getting flu shots before practice today...HOORAY.


Monday, October 19, 2009: Good morning Colts fans! Welcome to my busy week! My phone abruptly started chirping at 2:30 a.m., and of course, woke me up. It happened to be the sweetest chain email message sent from my friends on the squad that had been forwarded earlier in the evening. But, for some reason, it came through my phone in the middle of the night! After reading ... I squeezed in 3 more hours of sleep and woke up for work.  I quickly got ready, grabbed breakfast and headed into my office at 7:45 a.m.  Dr. Beeson was lecturing at the IU Dermatology Clinic in the morning, which gave Lesley and I  much needed time to update patient charts and insurance cases. I went into work yesterday (on Sunday) to assist Dr. Beeson with a new consultation who was in from out of town.  The extra time this morning helped tremendously. The afternoon went by incredibly quick as we saw surgery post-op appointments, consultations, and performed minor procedures. You can view my typical work day at, click on cheerleader, video (and scroll down.)  Before I knew it, it was 6:30 p.m.  I left work and went to Cardinal Fitness to workout. I was exhausted from the long day, but as always, pushed myself through and arrived home around 9:00 p.m. I checked my e-mails and clocked out for the night!

Tuesday, October 20, 2009:   My alarm went off at 6:00 a.m. and I was out the door soon after. Today is surgery day.  The anesthesia and O.R. staff arrive earlier than our regular hours to start the first case. Today went great, at a very fast pace, transitioning from an out-patient case from out of town, to an overnight case whose surgery ended up going into the late evening. I absolutely loved getting to know the family from out of town and enjoyed making them feel at home. I ordered them their favorite dinner, steak and veggies! I left work a bit early to ensure that I made it to practice at Curtain Call on time. It was about an hour drive with traffic. Tonight, before practice, we performed Zumba, which is one of my favorite things to do - thanks to Holly! We did Zumba workouts every morning on the Mediterranean Tour, even on the roof of our hotel overlooking the city of Jordan! This is my 4th year as a Colts Cheerleader and I love being a captain this year.  My squad consists of seven gals and myself, that we named the "Glam Squad" for fun...Breanna, Jessie, Kate, Kathleen, Kimberly, Lauren M, and Travasha. We worked extra hard tonight and have been learning a special "Michael Jackson" pre-game and halftime time routine for the November 1st game.  After a long day of work, Zumba and practice, I drove home, tried to hold my eyes open, checked e-mails and crashed.

Wednesday, October 21, 2009: 6:00 a.m. rise and shine! Here we go again, another patient day. As soon as I arrived at work, Dr. Beeson met with Lesley and I for our morning meeting. We discussed patients coming in, and specialized treatment plans for each patient. Today was non-stop to say the least. Consult after consult, treatment after treatment, and the phone was ringing like crazy. I finished up things at work around 6:30 p.m. and met Krystal T. (a former miss Pro Bowl) for dinner. It was so much fun to chat and catch up after such a long day, I miss her so much! I ran a few quick errands and headed home to relax with my pumpkin scented candles and "Life and Style" magazines. Off to bed, Good night!

Thursday, October 22, 2009:  My alarm went off at 6:00 a.m...I got ready and headed into work for yet another long surgery day. Notice the pattern? Today, started early and before I knew it, time had flown by so fast, it was time for practice. I ran a quick errand to St. Vincent hospital for work and drove to the practice complex. We received an email that we are all getting flu shots before practice today...HOORAY. Ohhhh...can I tell you that I have passed out before?! I toughed it up, took it for the team, and survived! Enrique lead us through an excruciating work-out, with a lot of push-ups, ouch on the arm!  We also did our weekly relay against each individual squad. Give it up for my "Glam Squad" for winning 7 weeks in a row ... ha ha!! I have a feeling tomorrow is going to be a sore day. We each brought our costumes for our surprise half-time performance for the Nov. 1st game.  Let's just say, cheerleaders dressed up as dead characters was hilarious. We wrapped up things for the night a little after 9:00 p.m. and I drove back to Carmel. I felt as if I needed toothpicks to pry my eyes open from not only the long day, but the week! (PS, we found out awesome news tonight. You can go to, click on sports and check out a few of our squad members that are featured in Maxim!)

Friday, October 23, 2009:  Good morning fans! My alarm started screeching at 6:00 a.m.  I rolled out of bed, and oh was I sore!  TGIF....Today would typically be a day full of patients, but we marked today out to use it as a filming day for Dr. Beeson's new antioxidant cream website.  Oh boy! Dr. Beeson and I met with our I.T. Director, Videographer and Chemist to devise a game plan for our video shoot and to go over scripts. We have a media room in our office that we use to make video clips, online links, videos and DVDs. We had to laugh during the trial runs quite a bit...I kept pronouncing the word "medicinal" wrong when reading it from the teleprompter. It was a tongue twister after reading script after script. After a long day of changing sets and outfits, we called it a successful day at about 6:00 p.m. I met a few friends and we went to a Halloween store in the Arts District to select a costume for our favorite day of the year,  Halloween!!!! My friends and I have a fun Halloween get-together every year. This year, it will be on Friday night since Saturday night (October 31st) we will be relaxing due to the BIG Colts Game Sunday, and, we have to be at Lucas Oil Stadium bright and early to practice. 

Saturday, October 24, 2009:  No sleeping in today.  I had an appearance in Greenwood for Cardinal Fitness.  We signed autographs and took pictures with fans. We were going to have a push-up stand-off contest with a baseball team that came by the table, but they were "too chicken" and thought we might out-show them with our strength. Kidding! This was a fun appearance for me because Greenwood is my hometown.   I was able to go home and see my family and my puppy, Loui, after the appearance.  I also did a little shopping with my mom, she is my best friend, and my personal shopping assistant.  I grabbed a spiced pumpkin latte from Starbucks, drove back home, and squeezed in a quick workout.  I then went to dinner at Sapporo and saw the movie "Paranormal Activity." It was bizarre, and of course, I could not fall asleep!

Sunday, October 25, 2009: I had a fitness evaluation with Enrique at Cardinal Fitness in Broadripple at 11:00 a.m.  The evaluation went great!  Enrique gave my roomie from tour, Desiree, and I a partner workout that had my abs burning all of the way home - I love that feeling!  I watched the amazing Colts game..... and another big win!  They are red hot!! I ran a couple of much needed errands and cleaned house.  I  have an exhausting three weeks ahead with three home games in a row, practices, work, and appearances. Time to get some rest.  I hope you are not too worn out after reading about my week - can't wait to see you on the field. Go Colts!!


This article has been reproduced in a new format and may be missing content or contain faulty links. Please use the Contact Us link in our site footer to report an issue.

Related Content

2024 Season Tickets - Now Available!

2024 Season Tickets - Now Available!

Season Tickets for the 2024 Season are available now! Get access to the best seating locations, best pricing, and best benefits as a Colts Season Ticket Member!