Skip to main content
Indianapolis Colts


Well it's Monday again and I am off to my third week of classes at Ball State. I am still very exhausted from cheering at our game against Jacksonville yesterday, but wow what an amazing first game of the season.


Monday 9-14-09 - Well it's Monday again and I am off to my third week of classes at Ball State. I am still very exhausted from cheering at our game against Jacksonville yesterday, but wow what an amazing first game of the season. After three years of cheering the crowd in Lucas Oil still gives me chills. Although my classes seemed to drag on today I was excited to get them over with and head to work in Indy. I teach youth hip-hop classes in Fishers and the kids I teach are really enthusiastic about dancing, it's great. After work I drove 45 minutes back to Muncie and worked out for about an hour at the packed University gym. 

Tuesday 9-15-09 - Today I had early morning classes and then I walked back to my apartment to get ready for cheerleading practice and let my doggy Sparky out. After doing my hair and make-up I picked up Larissa at her apartment and we were off to Colts practice once again.  When we arrived at Curtain Call dance studio we did a half an hour of Zumba, led by Holly, then we learned some more sideline dances. After a long sweaty practice I was back in the car to drive back to Muncie, do my homework, and go to bed.

Wednesday 9-16-09 - I started my day off today with two mile run around campus and a nice long shower afterwards. My classes didn't start until 11a.m so I made myself some breakfast and headed to school. Today is one of my only days where I feel like I have the day off, but realistically I don't I just have more time than usual to try and get some household things done. After class I went to the laundry mat and did my homework for a couple hours. Then I went to a local dance studio and taught a kids hip-hop dance class. By the time I got done with dance it was time to get ready and go out to eat. Today went by so fast that I almost forgot that tomorrow I had to know the dances from Tuesdays practice really well, so I practice a couple times before I went to bed.

Thursday 9-17-09 - I had some bad news this morning, my grandfathers nurse called my mom and said that he isn't doing very well. My grandfather was diagnosed with bone cancer a couple months ago, and he has been really struggling with the treatments. My parents and I decided that it would be best if we drove to Tennessee and see him while he was still with us. I went to my classes and had to pack as quick as I could. My mom and dad picked me up in Muncie and we were on our way for a 8 hour drive to Tennessee. It was a really long drive but it was nice to be able to spend time with my parents. I feel like with cheer, classes, and work I really don't get to spend a lot of quality time with them. I was a little sad that I had to miss cheer but I didn't want to have to drive by myself. After a long day of driving we made it to my grandpas and I got to see him for the first time in years. It made me really sad because he had lost a lot of weight, but he seemed to be in good spirits. He was really tired so we settled in and went to bed for the night.

Friday 9-18-09 - I got up early today and had breakfast with some of my family that I haven't seen for awhile, it was really great to see and catch up with everyone. After breakfast we went back to my grandpa's house and I got to spend time with him. It was great to  share stories and show my grandpa some of my cheerleading pictures. I took a run with my mom and then we went to the store to get stuff to make dinner. We made my grandpas favorite meal, meatloaf. Spending time with my grandfather and seeing what great spirits he has in spite of his situation really makes me realize I need to never take things for granted.

Saturday 9-20-09 - Today was a long day of traveling back to Muncie from Tennessee. We saw some great scenery and I got all of my homework and studying done while I was in the car. When I got back home I was off to the gym. I worked out for a good hour and then went to the grocery store. When I got back I took my dog Sparky for a walk and then called it a night with a movie and popcorn.

Sunday 9-20-09 - Sunday Sunday Sunday, what a great day of watching football. Today I basically just watched the NFL and did lots of laundry. It's always nice to have a day when you can just sit around and do nothing. After I watched the Bears game I took a run around campus and headed to the gym. I tried to practice some dances and work out, but I just wasn't that into my workout today. After the gym I walked back to my apartment and started dinner. Before I knew it midnight came around and I was off to bed. 

This article has been reproduced in a new format and may be missing content or contain faulty links. Please use the Contact Us link in our site footer to report an issue.

Related Content

2024 Season Tickets - Now Available!

2024 Season Tickets - Now Available!

Season Tickets for the 2024 Season are available now! Get access to the best seating locations, best pricing, and best benefits as a Colts Season Ticket Member!