FOXBORO, Mass. — The Indianapolis Colts dropped to 1-4 on the season after falling to the New England Patriots, 38-24, on Thursday night at Gillette Stadium.
Here's a list of stats and notes from the matchup, courtesy of Colts Communications:
• The Colts offense finished with 439 yards of total offense (355 yards passing and 84 yards rushing).
• The last time the Colts offense recorded 400 or more yards of offense in two straight games was in 2014 (10/26-11/3).
• The Colts offense also finished the night two-of-three on fourth down.
• In his 75th career start, Andrew Luck finished the night going 38-of-58 for 365 yards, three touchdowns and two interceptions.
• It marks the 29th time Luck has thrown for more than 300 yards in a game and the first time he has done it in back-to-back games since 2015 (10/18-10/25).
• Now has 28 consecutive games with at least one touchdown pass which is the longest active streak in the NFL. He passed Peyton Manning for the second-longest streak in team history. Luck is now tied with Dave Krieg and Philips Rivers for the 11th-longest streak in NFL history.
• In the second half of the last two games, Luck is 52-of-76 for 521 yards, six touchdowns and one interception.
• His 59 pass attempts are tied for second-most in team history.
• With 39 completions, he tied his own record set earlier this season for the second-most completions in team history.
• Luck has now thrown for 829 yards in his last two games. It is the most in a two-game span in his career.
• Andrew Luck has attempted 121 passes over the last 2 games.
• "That's the 2nd-most pass attempts in a 2-game span in NFL history and the most ever in a 5-day span (@EliasSports). Philip Rivers holds the record with 123 pass attempts in Weeks 6-7 in 2015." – Per ESPN Stats & Info
• Nyheim Hines led the way in the backfield as he finished the night with 45 yards on 15 carries. The 15 carries are the most by a Colts running back this season. Hines also recorded 45 yards receiving, setting a career-high for all-purpose yards with 90.
• Jordan Wilkins also added 39 yards on six carries.
• Eric Ebron had a career day as he set a new single-game career highs in receiving yards (105) and touchdowns (two). His nine receptions are the second highest total in his career. It is also the first time he has broken 100 yards receiving.
• Erik Swoope caught the second touchdown of his career. He finished the night with three receptions for 44 yards and one touchdown. His three receptions tied a career-high.
• Chester Rogers finished second on the team with 66 yards receiving on eight receptions.
• The Colts defense recorded two interceptions. It marks the first time the Colts have had two interceptions in a game since 11/26/17.
• The Colts have forced at least one turnover in every game and two turnovers in three games.
• Leading the way in tackles on the defensive line were Jabaal Sheard and Denico Autry, who both had three tackles on the night. Autry also had a tackle for loss.
• Zaire Franklin finished second on the team in tackles finishing the night with 11 (one solo).
• Najee Goode tallied six tackles (two solo), two special teams stops and registered his first career interception.
• Malik Hooker led the team in tackles with 12 (four solo).
• Matthias Farley recorded six tackles (one solo), one interception and two passes defensed. It marks the third interception of his career and he set a single-game career high in passes defensed.
• Adam Vinatieri connected on 1-of-2 field goals attempts, including a 54-yard kick. He also made all three extra point attempts.
• With his first field goal attempt, he passed Morten Andersen (672) for the second-most field goal attempts in NFL history.
• His 54-yard field goal moved him past Morten Andersen (40) for the sixth-most field goals made from 50-or-more yards in NFL history.
• He is now 20 points away from breaking Morten Andersen's record for the most points in NFL history.