INDIANAPOLIS — The Indianapolis Colts fell to 3-11 on the season after their 25-13 loss to the Denver Broncos on Thursday night at Lucas Oil Stadium.
Here's a list of stats and notes from the matchup, courtesy of Colts PR:
- Quarterback Jacoby Brissett completed 17-of-30 passes for 158 yards totaling a 71.2 passer rating. He also added five carries for 18 yards and one touchdown.
- Following a Colts takeaway on Denver's opening drive, Brissett led the team on a seven-play, 50-yard scoring drive capped by his seven-yard rushing touchdown. It was the team's first touchdown on their opening offensive drive dating back to a Week 9 victory at Houston.
- Brissett's rushing touchdown was his fourth of the season, which is tied for the second most in franchise history by a quarterback in a single year (Andrew Luck, 5 in 2012).
Tight end Jack Doyle led the team in receiving with seven receptions for 47 yards. * * With seven receptions, Doyle surpassed Jacob Tamme (67) for the third-most receptions by a tight end in a single season in Colts history.
Running back Frank Gore tallied 10 carries for 31 yards and added three receptions for 37 yards. * * With 68 total yards, Gore became the second player in NFL history with 12 consecutive seasons of 1,000-plus yards from scrimmage, one behind Emmitt Smith's NFL record of 13 consecutive years (1990-2002).
Inside linebacker Antonio Morrison led the team with 12 tackles (four solo) and safety Matthias Farley contributed with 10 stops.
- Cornerback Kenny Moore totaled six tackles (three solo), one interception and two passes defensed.
- Moore intercepted his first career pass when he stepped in front of a Trevor Siemian ball on Denver's opening drive. He returned the INT 25 yards to give Indianapolis possession at the 50-yard line. The turnover led to a Colts touchdown.
Defensive tackle Johnathan Hankins posted five tackles (three solo), 1.0 sack and one quarterback hit. * * Hankins contributed with his second sack of the season in the first quarter.
Outside linebacker Jabaal Sheard compiled four tackles (two solo), 1.0 sack, 1.0 tackle for loss and two quarterback hits. * * Sheard logged the team's third sack of the game and number 5.5 of his season when he dropped Brock Osweiler for a two-yard loss in the second quarter.
Outside linebacker Barkevious Mingo finished with three solo tackles, 1.0 sack, 1.0 tackle for loss and one quarterback hit. * * Mingo recorded his first sack of the season and his first since 2014 when he brought down Trevor Siemian for a 10-yard loss in the first quarter. The sack led to a field goal attempt which was missed by Brandon McManus.
Kicker Adam Vinatieri converted 2-of-2 field goals and one PAT for seven points against the Broncos. * * Vinatieri gave the Colts a 10-0 lead with his 45-yard field goal in the second quarter. He then extended the team's lead to 13-7 with a 39-yard conversion in the third quarter. * Vinatieri needs nine points to reach 100 for the season and extend his NFL record to 20 season with 100-plus points.