ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. — The Indianapolis Colts fell to 3-10 on the season after their 13-7 overtime loss to the Buffalo Bills on Sunday at New Era Field.
Here’s a list of stats and notes from the matchup, courtesy of Colts PR:
- The Colts opened the game with 17 consecutive rushes and finished with 46 rushing attempts for 163 yards. The team’s 46 attempts are the most in a game dating back to Dec. 7, 1997 against the New York Jets and the 163 yards are the most for Indianapolis in a game this season.
- Quarterback Jacoby Brissett completed 11-of-22 passes for 69 yards and one touchdown for a 72.0 passer rating.
- Running back Frank Gore tallied 36 carries for 130 yards and added one reception for 10 yards.
- Gore’s 36 rushing attempts set a new single-game career-high and is tied for the third-most attempts by a Colts running back in franchise history.
- Gore’s 130 rushing yards are his most in a game dating back to Dec. 28, 2014 against Arizona. The total is also the most for a Colts running back since Dec. 18, 2011 when Donald Brown finished with 161 against Tennessee.
- Wth 130 rushing yards, Gore tied O.J. Simpson (42) for the 16th most 100-yard games in NFL history.
- With 140 scrimmage yards, Gore passed Curtis Martin (17,430) for the eighth most scrimmage yards in NFL history.
Tight end Jack Doyle caught two passes for four yards and one touchdown. * * Doyle’s three-yard touchdown reception from Jacoby Brissett with 1:16 remaining in the fourth quarter sent the game to overtime. * Doyle is four receptions shy of passing Jacob Tamme for the third most receptions by a Colts tight end in a single season.
Safety Matthias Farley led the team with nine tackles (seven solo) while adding 1.0 tackle for loss, one pass defensed and one interception. * * Farley’s fourth quarter interception was his second of the season and stalled a potential Bills scoring drive, bringing the game to overtime.
Outside linebacker Barkevious Mingo finished with four tackles (three solo), one forced fumble and one fumble recovery. * * Mingo forced a recovered a fumble in the third quarter, which was the first turnover of the game. It was Mingo’s second forced fumble of the season and third fumble recovery of the year.
Defensive tackle Johnathan Hankins (eight) and Margus Hunt (seven) set single-game bests in tackles. Quincy Wilson led the team and set a new single-game career-high with three passes defensed.
- Center Anthony Fabiano logged his first career start as a member of the Colts and the second of his career.