INDIANAPOLIS –Camping at home in 2017 is not the only significant change to Training Camp for the Colts.
Chuck Pagano's sixth camp as head coach of the Colts will also see some other modifications to how things operated in previous seasons.
- The Colts will hold practices in the morning this camp. Outside of a few weekend practices, the Colts will get on the field from 8:00-10:45 a.m. In prior years at Anderson, the Colts would practice around 1:30 in the afternoon.
- Training Camp will run from July 29-August 19. The Colts will have joint practices with the Detroit Lions on Thursday, Aug. 10 and Friday, Aug. 11. The joint sessions with the Lions will lead into the two teams meeting in the preseason opener on Sunday, Aug. 13.
- With camp closed to the public this year, the Colts will have two off-site practices for fans. The first will be Sunday, July 30 at Lucas Oil Stadium. The second will be at night, on Saturday, Aug. 5 at Warren Central High School. Details on those can be found here.
- We could see some tackling/live periods during camp. This is something the Colts have not done under Pagano. Here is what Chris Ballard had to say on Monday about having a more physical camp: "It's hard to be a physical team if you don't want to have a physical Training Camp. I think it really comes to light when you get into November and December. Me and Chuck (Pagano) have talked a long time about this, and he's in agreement. It doesn't mean we're tackling to the ground every day. But what it means is we're going to have a few more live sessions than they've had in the past."
- For the first time in the Andrew Luck era, No. 12 will not be under center when the Colts start Training Camp. Luck's placement on the PUP list is one of several storylines to watch in 2017.
- Will the Colts return to off-site Training Camps in the future? Here’s more on that.
- Colts.com coverage will include a daily live stream of practice, running around 15 minutes on Colts.com/live and available on the team's Mobile App.
The analysis from those producing content on Colts.com does not necessarily represent the thoughts of the Indianapolis Colts organization. Any conjecture, analysis or opinions formed by Colts.com content creators is not based on inside knowledge gained from team officials, players or staff.