INDIANAPOLIS —The Indianapolis Colts ended their 2017 season at 4-12 with their 22-13 victory over the Houston Texans on Sunday at Lucas Oil Stadium.
Here's a list of stats and notes from the matchup, courtesy of Colts PR:
- Chuck Pagano finished with a 56-46 record as head coach of the Colts and led the team to three consecutive 11-5 seasons and playoff appearances in his first three years. After today's win, Pagano is 6-0 in regular season finales.
- Running back Frank Gore tallied 24 carries for 100 yards and added three receptions for 11 yards.
- With 100 rushing yards, Gore passed O.J. Simpson (42) for the 16th most 100-yard games in NFL history.
* Gore became the fifth player in NFL history to reach 14,000 career rushing yards. * With 111 yards from scrimmage against the Texans, Gore reached 1,200 yards from scrimmage in his 12th consecutive season, which extended his NFL record. He also passed Marcus Allen (17,654) for the seventh most yards from scrimmage in NFL history.
Quarterback Jacoby Brissett completed 15-of-25 passes for 114 yards and one touchdown for an 84.4 passer rating. * * Brissett gave the Colts a 7-3 lead in the second quarter with his six-yard touchdown pass to Jack Doyle. He drove the Colts 75 yards in 15 plays resulting in his 13th touchdown throw of the season.
Tight end Jack Doyle led the team with four receptions for 38 yards and one touchdown. * * With four receptions, Doyle passed Dallas Clark (77) for the second-most receptions by a tight end in a single season in Colts history. * Doyle gave the Colts a 7-3 lead with his six-yard touchdown reception at the start of the second quarter. It was Doyle's fourth touchdown of the season and the 12th of his career.
Running back Marlon Mack totaled seven carries for 28 yards and one touchdown and added two catches for 10 yards. * * Mack gave the Colts a 14-13 lead in the third quarter with his one-yard rushing touchdown. It was his third rushing touchdown of the season.
Inside linebacker Anthony Walker led the team with six tackles (two solo).
- Outside linebacker Jabaal Sheard finished with three tackles (two solo), 1.0 sack, 1.0 tackle for loss and one quarterback hit. He finished the season as the team's leader in sacks with 5.5.
- Defensive tackle Hassan Ridgeway compiled three tackles (one solo), 1.0 sack, 1.0 tackle for loss and one quarterback hit.
- Ridgeway sacked Texans quarterback T.J. Yates in the end zone for a safety to give the Colts a 16-13 lead in the fourth quarter. It was his third sack of the season.
Cornerback Quincy Wilson posted two solo tackles, 1.0 tackle for loss, one interception and one pass defensed. * * Wilson intercepted his first career pass on the final play of the game.
Kicker Adam Vinatieri converted 2-of-2 field goals and two PATs for eight points against the Texans. * * With his 54-yard field goal in the fourth quarter, Vinatieri tied Jason Elam (39) for the seventh-most made field goals from 50-plus yards in NFL history.