INDIANAPOLIS – Week One of the regular season means depth chart time around the NFL.
The Colts sent out their 2016 version on Tuesday afternoon with hardly any surprises on offense, defense or the specialists.
Like always, the depth chart is unofficial and injuries indicate why a guy like Henry Anderson isn't listed as a starter.
Here are some takeaways from the first depth chart of 2016:
- Robert Turbin is the backup running back.
- Jonotthan Harrison could be starting in Week One at left guard with Jack Mewhort and Joe Haeg banged up.
- Scott Tolzien is the backup quarterback.
- On defense, Anderson is listed as a reserve because Pagano has already said that the second-year defensive end will probably not play in Sunday's opener. Zach Kerr is the starter for Anderson.
- If Sio Moore can't play Sunday, we will find out if Antonio Morrison or Josh McNary starts alongside D'Qwell Jackson.
- With the injuries in the secondary right now, T.J. Green and Antonio Cromartie could very well be starting on Sunday.
- Quan Bray is the kick returner.