Mark your calendars: The Colts will kick off the 2021 NFL season Sept. 12 at 1 p.m. against Pete Carroll, Russell Wilson and the Seattle Seahawks at Lucas Oil Stadium.
After some public signs of frustration and early spring rumors, Wilson is in a "fantastic place" with the Seahawks heading into the 2021 season. The Seahawks have made the playoffs in eight of Wilson's nine seasons as Seattle's starting quarterback; they've won the NFC West in four of those years. Wilson is a seven-time Pro Bowler who threw for a career high 40 touchdowns in 2020.
Seattle's defense also returns two of the NFL's best players on that side of the ball in six-time first-team All-Pro linebacker Bobby Wagner and three-time Pro Bowl safety Jamal Adams.
The Colts and Seahawks have met 12 previous times, the most recent being in 2017 (a 46-18 Seahawks win at CenturyLink Stadium). Seattle's last trip to Indianapolis was in 2013, with the Colts winning, 34-28.
The full Colts-Seahawks all-time series (Colts lead 7-5):
- 2017 (@ Seattle): Seahawks 46, Colts 18
- 2013 (@ Indianapolis): Colts 34, Seahawks 28
- 2009 (@ Indianapolis): Colts 34, Seahawks 17
- 2005 (@ Seattle): Seahawks 28, Colts 13
- 2000 (@ Seattle): Colts 37, Seahawks 24
- 1998 (@ Seattle): Seahawks 27, Colts 23
- 1997 (@ Indianapolis): Seahawks 31, Colts 3
- 1994 (@ Seattle): Colts 31, Seahawks 19
- 1994 (@ Indianapolis): Colts 17, Seahawks 15
- 1991 (@ Seattle): Seahawks 31, Colts 3
- 1978 (@ Seattle): Colts 17, Seahawks 14
- 1977 (@ Seattle): Colts 29, Seahawks 14
Week 1 of the 2021 season will be the first time the Colts open at home since 2018.
The rest of the Colts' 2021 season schedule will be released tonight at 8 p.m. on NFL Network.
Single Game Tickets
Tickets for the 2021 season go on sale tomorrow, May 13 at 11 a.m. Join our priority list here for access to tickets before they go on sale!
Join the Newsletter
Get the 2021 schedule and other breaking news alerts delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up for the Colts email newsletter.