Colts Draft Tidbits
- Since 1984, The Colts have never taken a center earlier than the fourth round.
- Since 2002, the Colts have taken at least one offensive lineman in every draft.
- Since 1995, the Colts have taken two linebackers in the first round (2000-Rob Morris, 2013-Bjoern Werner).
- The Colts have taken a defensive lineman in six of the last seven drafts.
- Post draft reminder: The Colts have had at least one rookie undrafted free agent make the team's opening week 53-man roster for the past 17 seasons. That is the longest active streak in the NFL. The Colts could have more than 15 UDFAs on their 90-man roster this season. They are typically signed/announced on Sunday, after the draft.
LAST 10 NFL DRAFT PICKS AT NO. 18 OVERALL
*2015: *CB-Marcus Peters, Chiefs
*2014: *S-Calvin Pryor, Jets
*2013: *S-Eric Reid, 49ers
*2012: *LB-Melvin Ingram, Chargers
*2011: *DE-Corey Liuget, Chargers
*2010: *C-Maurkice Pouncey, Steelers
*2009: *DE-Robert Ayers, Broncos
*2008: *QB-Joe Flacco, Ravens
*2007: *CB-Leon Hall, Bengals
*2006: *LB-Bobby Carpenter, Cowboys
The Colts have 17 players that they drafted. Of those 17 players, 13 started games for the team in 2015. Below is a breakdown of how the Colts were built by the draft:2003:OLB-Robert Mathis (5-138)
2009:P-Pat McAfee (7-222)
2011:T-Anthony Castonzo (1-22)
2015:WR-Jacoby Brissett (1-29), CB-D'Joun Smith (3-65), DT-Henry Anderson, S-Clayton Geathers (4-109), DT-David Parry (5-151), ILB-Amarlo Herrera (6-207), OT-Denzelle Good (7-255)
2016 NFL Draft Tidbits
- This is the second consecutive year the draft has been held in Chicago.
- With both the Titans and Browns trading the top two overall picks, it marks the fourth time this has happened in draft history (1997, 1975 and 1967).
- The NFL is expected to have 25 draft prospects in attendance for Thursday's first round. Colts.com will be at the Auditorium Theatre in Chicago in case the Colts first-round pick is present there. The list of attending prospects is here.
- If Jared Goff and Carson Wentz go 1-2 in the draft, it will mark the seventh time the first two picks in the draft have been quarterbacks since 1967. Andrew Luck/Robert Griffin went 1-2 in 2012 and Jameis Winston/Marcus Mariota did the same last year.
- If Alabama has a player selected in the first round on Thursday, the Crimson Tide will have the third-longest consecutive streak with at least one player drafted in the first round. Alabama has a current streak of seven consecutive drafts with at least one first-round pick.