Indianapolis Colts Foundation
Please read these Official Rules before entering the 50/50 Raffle at Lucas Oil Stadium (the "Raffle"). By purchasing a raffle ticket, you represent that you meet all of the following requirements and agree to be bound by these Official Rules and by the decisions of the Indianapolis Colts Foundation, Inc. (the "Administrator"), a 501(c)(3) charitable organization, or its representative.
1. THE RAFFLE: The 50/50 Raffle at Lucas Oil Stadium is a raffle whereby tickets are sold throughout Lucas Oil Stadium and the immediately surrounding areas at every Indianapolis Colts home game. During the fourth quarter of each game, the winning raffle ticket number will be announced via the Lucas Oil Stadium Public Address System. One fan who purchased a winning raffle ticket will receive half of the net proceeds minus any related expenses from the raffle ticket sales for that particular game (the "Prize"). All remaining proceeds from the Raffle shall be retained by the Indianapolis Colts Foundation, Inc., a 501(c)(3) charitable organization and the Administrator of the Raffle, for use in its charitable activities. Each Raffle begins approximately three hours prior to kickoff in Touchdown Town and parking lots on the day of every Colts home game and ends at the beginning of the fourth quarter of such game (each a "Raffle Period").
2. ELIGIBILITY: An individual must be 18 years of age or older and a U.S. Citizen to participate. Residents of Rhode Island or Puerto Rico are not eligible to enter. Any individuals (including but not limited to employees, consultants, independent contractors, and interns) or their immediate family members or household members who have, within the past six months, performed services for Indianapolis Colts, Inc. ("Club"), the National Football League ("NFL") or any organization responsible for sponsoring, fulfilling, administering, or promoting the Raffle, are not eligible to enter. "Immediate family members" means parents, stepparents, children, stepchildren, siblings, stepsiblings, or spouses. "Household members" shall mean people who share the same residence at least three months in the preceding one calendar year. By participating in the Raffle, each entrant unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Administrator, which shall be final and binding in all respects. By participating in the Raffle, participants agree to release, discharge, and hold harmless Administrator, Club, their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, divisions, retailers, agencies, and their respective officers, directors, employees, and agents, from any and all damages whether direct or indirect, which may be due to or arise out of participation in the Raffle or any portion thereof, or the acceptance, use, misuse, or possession of prizes.
3. ENTRY: You may enter the Raffle, if you meet the eligibility requirements, by agreeing to follow these Official Rules and purchasing Raffle tickets (thus becoming a "Participant") in one of the following amounts: five Raffle tickets for $10.00, 20 Raffle tickets for $20.00, 80 Raffle tickets for $40.00, or 400 Raffle tickets for $100.00 from the Raffle staff located throughout Lucas Oil Stadium, parking lots surrounding Lucas Oil Stadium, and Touchdown Town. Also, there is no limit to the number of Raffle Tickets an individual may purchase. The purchase of a game ticket or any other item from Administrator or Club is not required to enter the Raffle. All Raffle ticket purchases must be completed by the end of the applicable Raffle Period. All Raffle Ticket purchases shall be final, and no refunds or replacements will be issued. Raffle Tickets are only valid for the drawing held on the date of purchase. Administrator and any related entities are not liable for any lost, late, misdirected, incomplete, illegible, undelivered, or destroyed tickets regardless of cause or person responsible including, but not limited to, any problem or technical malfunction of any computer, online system or server or technical problem or traffic congestion on the Internet.
4. DRAWING: A prize winner will be selected in a random drawing performed by Bump Worldwide, Inc. ("Bump") from among all eligible Raffle tickets purchased during each Raffle Period. The drawing will be held during the fourth quarter of the applicable game and will be conducted by the Administrator whose decision is final and binding. The selected Raffle ticket will be announced via the Lucas Oil Stadium public address system and the Stadium's jumbotrons.
5. CLAIMING A PRIZE: To claim a prize, the holder of the selected Raffle ticket ("Prize Claimant") must contact Administrator and present the winning Raffle ticket in-person at the Guest Services Office at Lucas Oil Stadium on gamedays or at 7001 West 56th Street, Indianapolis, IN 46254 during normal business hours within 30 days of the applicable drawing. Each Prize Claimant must provide Administrator with all information required to claim a prize (including tax identification information). The Prize Claimant will be required to execute a Prize-Acceptance Affidavit and Release ("Affidavit") prior to receipt of the Prize. The Prize Claimant may win only one time per season. In the event a Prize Claimant: (a) does not notify Administrator within 30 days of the drawing; (b) is ruled ineligible for any reason; (c) refuses the prize; or (d) does not return an executed Affidavit, the Prize will be forfeited and will be retained by Administrator for charitable use. Administrator has no obligation to contact potential winners. All prizes will be delivered via check within 30 days of the winner delivering the winning Raffle ticket, executed Affidavit, and all other required documents to Administrator. For security and safety reasons, no cash payments will be made to the Raffle winners. Unclaimed winnings will be retained by the Administrator.
6. ODDS: Odds of winning will depend upon the total number of Raffle tickets purchased in each Raffle Period.
7. TAXES: Each Participant acknowledges that he or she has been informed that the IRS has taken the position that amounts paid for chances to participate in raffles, lotteries, or similar programs are not gifts and, therefore, the price of a Raffle ticket does not qualify as a deductible charitable contribution. The Prize Claimant is responsible for any and all federal, state, and local taxes, fees, and other government assessments on the awarded prize. Further, each Prize Winner acknowledges that federal law requires that a tax withholding on certain prize values must be collected from winners upon award or distribution. Federal and state withholding laws are subject to change without notice. The withholding laws in effect at the time each prize is claimed will be followed.
8. TRANSFER OF RAFFLE TICKET OR PRIZE: Persons who purchase a Raffle ticket may opt to give away their Raffle ticket to other eligible persons, but in doing so the purchaser waives any claim he/she might otherwise have to the prize. Purchasers of any Raffle tickets may not re-sell their Raffle tickets to other parties, and may not give a Raffle ticket away to another person for the purpose of allowing that person to re-sell such Raffle ticket. Any Raffle ticket which has been resold in violation of these Official Rules shall be void. All individuals who re-sell, purchase, or receive a Raffle ticket in violation of these Official Rules shall be ineligible to participate in the Raffle or to win a prize. A winner may transfer his/her prize to a third party provided that the following conditions are met: (a) the transferee would have otherwise been eligible to enter the Raffle; (b) the transferee shall be responsible for all taxes and costs described in these Official Rules; and (c) the transferee shall be bound by all terms and conditions of these Official Rules that are applicable to the winner.
9. PARTICIPANT'S GRANT OF LICENSE: By participating in the Raffle or accepting a Prize, each Participant hereby irrevocably and perpetually grants to Administrator, and its designees a worldwide license to use, publish, reproduce, create derivative works of, distribute, and publicly display any images or likenesses taken or captured of the Participant in connection with his or her participating in the Raffle or receiving a Prize (collectively, the "Images"), in any form, media, or content which now or hereafter exists, for advertising, promotional, or any other commercial purposes as well as non-commercial purposes. This includes full permission, except where legally prohibited, to use such winner's name, address (city and state only), photograph, voice, and other likeness, together with prize information. Each Participant waives any compensation for any use of such Images, and the Images can be used without notice, review, or approval in all media now known or hereafter discovered, worldwide and in perpetuity. Each Participant hereby releases and waives any claims, demands, damages, losses, liabilities, and causes of action arising from the Administrator's, or its designee's, uses of the Images, including, without limitation, any claims for defamation, libel, invasion of privacy, publicity, personality, or exploitation of the Participant's name or likeness.
10. RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND INDEMNITY: By participating in the Raffle, the Participant on Participant's behalf and on behalf of the Participant's spouse, assigns, guardians, administrators, executors and legal representatives hereby releases, waives, discharges, covenants not to sue, and indemnifies Administrator, Club, the National Football League and its member clubs, Bump together with all of their past, present, or future predecessors, successors, assigns, parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, related entities and persons, owners, shareholders, members, partners, trustees, elected officials, directors, managers, employees, servants, principals, agents, consultants, contractors, representatives, administrators, and insurers from any claim or loss arising out of or related to the Participant's participation in the Raffle, acceptance of the Prize, or any exercise by the Administrator of any of its rights set forth herein or the Official Rules of the Raffle, including, but not limited to, any claims related to (i) any injury to the Participant (including death) or the Participant's property that occurs in connection with participation in the Raffle, receiving the Prize or any related activities, (ii) any failure to report and pay any income taxes arising from acceptance of the Prize, and (iii) the Participant's acts or the acts of any other party with respect to the Participant's receipt of the Prize, or participation in the Raffle, regardless of whether any such claims are caused in whole or in part by the negligence of any entity or person released hereunder.
11. DISPUTES AND GOVERNING LAW: The Raffle shall be governed by the laws of the State of Indiana without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rule of any jurisdiction. Any claims regarding the Raffle that are not released, must be brought in the State or Federal Courts in Marion County, Indiana, and Participant hereby consents to the personal jurisdiction of such courts for purposes of any such action. The Raffle is void outside the United States and where prohibited by law. Each Participant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action not waived arising out of or in connection with the Raffle, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resorting to any form of class action; (2) any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this raffle, but in no event attorneys' fees; and (3) under no circumstances will Participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and Participant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, and consequential damages, and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased.
12. DISQUALIFICATION; CHANGES: Administrator reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the ticketing process or the operation of the raffle, re-sells his or her Raffle ticket, violates the Official Rules, or acts in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other person. Administrator reserves the right to, at its sole discretion, cancel, suspend, or modify the Raffle or these Official Rules or disqualify any individual or ticket for purposes of protecting the integrity of the Raffle or addressing changes in business operations or other circumstances, to the extent allowed under applicable law. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY A PARTICIPANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE RAFFLE IS A VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES AND OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, ADMINISTRATOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
13. CONTEST ADMINISTRATOR; WINNERS LIST: Administrator of the Raffle is the Indianapolis Colts Foundation, Inc., a 501(c)(3) charitable organization, with an address of 7001 W. 56th Street, Indianapolis, IN 46254. Persons may obtain a list of the winning raffle ticket numbers by sending a request (identifying the "50/50 Raffle Contest") to the above address. The winning raffle ticket numbers also will be posted by the Administrator on the web page of www.colts.com/5050 and on the 50/50 hotline at (317) 378-7676.
*14. OFFICIAL RULES: *For a copy of these Official Rules, send a letter requesting a copy to: Indianapolis Colts Foundation, 7001 W. 56th Street, Indianapolis, IN 46254.
Indiana Gaming License Number 012046