83rd Annual NFL Draft
The 2018 NFL Draft will be conducted from Thursday, April 26, through Saturday, April 28, in Dallas. The draft will return to primetime for rounds 1-3.
• Thursday, April 26 / Round 1 / 8 p.m. ET / 10 minutes per pick / NFL Network, FOX, ESPN, ESPN2, ESPN Deportes; NFL, FOX Sports and ESPN digital properties
• Friday, April 27** / Rounds 2-3 / 7 p.m. ET / 7 minutes per pick / NFL Network, FOX, ESPN/ESPN2; NFL, FOX Sports and ESPN digital properties
• Saturday, April 28 / Rounds 4-7 / Noon ET / 5 minutes per pick (Rounds 4-6); 4 minutes per pick (Round 7) / NFL Network, ABC, ESPN; NFL and ESPN digital properties
Note: Compensatory picks are five minutes for rounds 3-6 and four minutes for round 7. Compensatory picks may be traded.
2018 NFL Draft Held In Dallas
The 83rd annual NFL Draft will be held April 26-28 at AT&T Stadium in Arlington, Texas. It will mark the first time in league history that the event is hosted in the state of Texas.
The 2018 NFL Draft will be televised nationally by NFL Network, ESPN/ ESPN 2, FOX and ABC, and can be heard nationwide on Westwood One Radio, SiriusXM NFL Radio and TuneIn Radio.
There will be 256 selections, including 32 compensatory choices that have been awarded to 15 teams that suffered a net loss of certain quality unrestricted free agents last year.
The 2017 NFL Draft was held in Philadelphia after two years (2015-16) in Chicago. The event had previously been held in New York from 1965- 2014.
“Philadelphia raised the bar by taking the Draft to another level, and this new opportunity in Dallas will enable us to continue the event’s evolution and grow it even further,” said NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell. “We are grateful to the Dallas Cowboys, the cities of Arlington, Dallas, and Frisco, and the Dallas Sports Commission for their leadership in turning this vision into reality.”
The 2017 NFL Draft hosted 250,000 people — an all-time NFL Draft attendance record. The three-day event took place outdoors, including on the Benjamin Franklin Parkway. The NFL Draft Theater was constructed outside on the steps of the Philadelphia Museum of Art which marked the first time a host city held the draft outside.
Colts Hold 9 Picks In 2018 NFL Draft
The Colts enter the 2018 NFL Draft with nine picks, including four in the first two rounds:
• Round 1 / 6th pick in round / 6th overall selection (from NYJ)
• Round 2 / 4th pick in round / 36th overall selection
• Round 2 / 5th pick in round / 37th overall selection (from NYJ)
• Round 2 / 17th pick in round / 49th overall selection (from NYJ)
• Round 3 / 3rd pick in round / 67th overall selection
• Round 4 / 4th pick in round / 104th overall selection
• Round 5 / 3rd pick in round / 140th overall selection
• Round 6 / 4th pick in round / 178th overall selection
• Round 7 / 3rd pick in round / 221st overall selection
Colts In The First Round
After a trade with the New York Jets, the Colts will make their first-round selection with the sixth overall pick in the NFL Draft.
LAST 5 COLTS FIRST ROUND DRAFT CHOICES:**
• 2017 - S-Malik Hooker, Ohio State
• 2016 - C-Ryan Kelly, Alabama
• 2015 - WR-Phillip Dorsett, Miami (FL)
• 2013 - OLB-Bjoern Werner, Florida State
• 2012 - QB-Andrew Luck, Stanford
LAST 5 NFL DRAFT PICKS AT NO. 6 OVERALL:
• 2017 - S-Jamal Adams, New York Jets
• 2016 - T-Ronnie Stanley, Baltimore Ravens
• 2015 - DT-Leonard Williams, New York Jets
• 2014 - T-Jake Matthews, Atlanta Falcons
• 2013 - OLB-Barkevious Mingo, Cleveland Browns
Colts By The Draft
Indianapolis currently has 20 players on its roster that the team has selected from the NFL Draft. All 20 players started games for the team in 2017. Below is a breakdown of how the Colts were built by the draft:
• 2017: S-Malik Hooker (1-15), CB-Quincy Wilson (2-46), OLB-Tarell Basham (3-80), RB-Marlon Mack (4-143), DT-Grover Stewart (4-144), CB-Nate Hairston (5-158), ILB-Anthony Walker (5-161)
*• 2016: *C-Ryan Kelly (1-18), S-T.J. Green (2-57), T-Le'Raven Clark (3-82), DT-Hassan Ridgeway (4-116), ILB-Antonio Morrison (4-125), T-Joe Haeg (5-155)
*• 2015: *DT-Henry Anderson (3-93), S-Clayton Geathers (4-109), T-Denzelle Good (7-255)
*• 2014: *T/G-Jack Mewhort (2-59)
*• 2012: *QB-Andrew Luck (1-1), WR-T.Y Hilton (3-92)
*• 2011: *T-Anthony Castonzo (1-22)
Colts Draft Picks By Position Since 1984
The table below is a breakdown of the Colts draft picks by position since 1984. The positions for each player are what he was listed as at the time he was drafted by the team:
Since moving to Indianapolis in 1984, the Colts have...
• Selected 298 players in the NFL Draft, including 152 defensive players, 140 offensive players and six specialists.
• Taken six linebackers and six wide receivers in the first round of the draft, which are tied for the most of any other position in the round. Last season, the Colts selected safety Malik Hooker with the 15th overall pick of the draft.
• Selected 43 linebackers in the draft, which is 14 more than the next most-chosen position (offensive tackle - 29).
• Taken a linebacker in each of the last six drafts. Since 1984, the Colts have taken at least one linebacker in every draft except for 1984, 1986, 1996, 2001, 2009 and 2011.
• Selected at least one offensive lineman in every draft since 2002. Overall, the Colts have picked 56 offensive linemen since 1984, including 29 tackles, 19 guards and eight centers.
• Taken a running back in seven of the last 10 drafts, including Marlon Mack (fourth round, 143rd overall) last year.
• Taken six cornerbacks in the second round of the draft, which is the most of any other position in the round. In 2017, Indianapolis selected Quincy Wilson in the second round (46th overall).
• Selected more cornerbacks, linebackers and safeties (five) in the third round than any other position.
• Taken at least one defensive lineman in the last 11 drafts, including defensive tackle Grover Stewart (fourth round, 144th overall) in 2017.
• Not taken a kicker or punter since 2009 when the team selected punter Pat McAfee in the seventh round (222nd overall). The earliest the team has taken a kicker or punter was kicker Dave Rayner in the sixth round (202nd overall) of the 2005 NFL Draft.
• Have selected 19 offensive guards in the draft, including five in the fourth round.
• Have not selected a tight end since 2013 (Justice Cunningham, seventh round, 254th overall).