*INDIANAPOLIS — *The Indianapolis Colts will be without five players — four of them starters — for Thursday night’s primetime matchup against the Denver Broncos.
](http://www.atipt.com/)The Colts announced Wednesday that wide receiver Donte Moncrief, center Ryan Kelly, cornerback Nate Hairston, tight end Darrell Daniels and cornerback Rashaan Melvin will not play in the game.
• Moncrief suffered an ankle injury towards the end of the Colts’ Week 13 loss to the Jacksonville Jaguars, and will be missing his second straight game. Head coach Chuck Pagano this week said Moncrief is considered “week-to-week,” although he is hopeful to see him back in the lineup by the team’s Week 16 game against the Baltimore Ravens. Look for Kamar Aiken and Chester Rogers to get increased snaps at wide receiver in place of Moncrief.
• *Kelly *will miss his third straight game as he deals with a concussion, which he suffered in the first half of the Colts’ Week 12 matchup against the Tennessee Titans, and did not return. Kelly, who was a full participant in practice on Monday and Tuesday, was unable to get past the final stage of the league’s concussion protocol — being cleared by an independent league neurologist — for a second straight week. Veteran Mike Person got the start in place of Kelly Week 13 against the Jaguars, while first-year center Anthony Fabiano earned the start last Sunday against the Buffalo Bills.
• Hairston first appeared on the injury report this week on Tuesday with a concussion, and he did not participate in Wednesday’s practice. It is unknown when he suffered his injury; Pagano did not address reporters on Wednesday, while Tuesday’s injury report was issued after Pagano’s session with reporters. Hairston, the team’s top nickel cornerback who has been enjoying a solid rookie season, could likely be replaced in the lineup by second-year corners Chris Milton or D.J. White.
• Daniels, who has been battling a nagging hamstring injury since the team returned from its bye week, will miss his fourth straight game on Thursday. Daniels was able to return to practice in a limited capacity all three days this week, however. Jason Vander Laan, signed from the team’s practice squad on Nov. 25, and Travis Ross, claimed off waivers from the Kansas City Chiefs on Nov. 28, could continue to fill Daniels’ roles against the Broncos.
• Melvin, meanwhile, suffered a hand injury during a play in which he intercepted Tennessee Titans quarterback Marcus Mariota in the Colts’ Week 12 matchup, and has not played since, though he was able to practice in a limited capacity on Tuesday and Wednesday. That means the team will likely start two rookies at cornerback for a second straight week in Kenny Moore II and Quincy Wilson.
While the Broncos have 11 players listed on their injury report this week, just two of them won’t be playing on Thursday night against the Colts: quarterback Paxton Lynch (ankle) and safety Justin Simmons (ankle), who was placed on Injured Reserve on Wednesday.
Nose tackle Domata Peko Sr., meanwhile, is listed as questionable with a knee injury.
Safety Jamal Carter (shoulder), inside linebacker Todd Davis (ankle), defensive end Adam Gotsis (defensive end), linebacker Joseph Jones (Achilles), center Matt Paradis (wrist), outside linebacker Shane Ray (wrist), wide receiver Emmanuel Sanders (ankle) and quarterback Trevor Siemian (lower back) are all expected to be available on Thursday.
Here is Wednesday’s full practice report; included is their status for Thursday’s game (if applicable):*• DNP: *Wide receiver Donete Moncrief (ankle; out); center Ryan Kelly (concussion; out); cornerback Nate Hairston (concussion; out).
*• Limited: *Tight end Darrell Daniels (hamstring; out), cornerback Rashaan Melvin (hand; out).
*• Full: *Defensive tackle Hassan Ridgeway (shoulder); quarterback Jacoby Brissett (quad); running back Frank Gore (rest/hand).