INDIANAPOLIS – Colts fans were clamoring for a receiver early in the 2014 draft and they got that late on Friday night.
With the 90th pick, the Colts chose
Moncrief is 6-1 and 224 pounds and hauled in 20 touchdowns in his three seasons playing for the Rebels.
Below are five quick takeaways from the newest member of the Colts:
1. For those that might think the receiver position is a bit crowded, Moncrief brings a skillset that the Colts don’t really have (outside of maybe Da’Rick Rogers and
2. Moncrief lit up the combine with a 39.5-inch vertical jump (third best among all receivers) and an 11-foot broad jump (best among all receivers).
3. A big play threat might define what the Colts are getting in Moncrief. Of his last 16 touchdown catches at Ole Miss, 13 of them came from at least 20 yards.
4. Where Moncrief exactly fits into the Colts receivers room in 2014 might be difficult to answer right now but remember what lies ahead. Both
5. Ryan Grigson made it clear in his post-rounds press conference that you can’t teach the measureables Moncrief brings to Indianapolis. The Colts might not see the entire package in 2014 but this pick has the potential for some long-term production with the likes of Andrew Luck and