INDIANAPOLIS – For the eighth consecutive year, the Indianapolis Colts and Grange Insurance teamed up for the Student All-Star Grant program. This program provided Indiana students ages 13 and under an opportunity to apply for a grant of up to $500 to complete a service project geared towards strengthening their community. This year’s grant recipients will be completing projects ranging from helping to beautify homes of local disabled residents to assembling necessity kits for homeless shelters.
All applicants were required to partner with a registered 501(c)3 non-profit organization. Grant recipients were asked to submit applications outlining what project they would like to do, the resources needed to complete the project and the impact their initiatives will make in their communities.
This year, the Indianapolis Colts and Grange Insurance have chosen seven recipients to receive grants towards their service project. The 2013 Student All-Star recipients and their partners are:
- Ashley and Amy Cone (Kokomo), 13, Kokomo Rescue Mission
- Elsa Gaston (Indianapolis), 12, Elite Performing Company
- Tara Harmon (Zionsville), 10, VolunTEEN Nation
- Wyatt London (Elmwood), 13, Boys & Girls Club of Tipton County
- Paige Miller (Evansville), 9, Deaconess Foundation
- Olivia Pedigo (Indianapolis), 12, Carpe Diem Schools: Meridian Campus
- Taran Richardson (Indianapolis), 12, Boys & Girls Clubs of Indianapolis
For more information about the Student All Star Grant program, visit www.colts.com/allstar.