The Indianapolis Colts are excited to once again present the opportunity for non-profit organizations across Indiana to receive funding for health and fitness events/programs as a part of the NFL’s PLAY 60 initiative. The Colts will offer grants of up to $2,000 each to non-profit organizations planning a health and/or fitness event/program in their community.
- The applicant must be a 501(c)3 non-profit organization or school located within the state of Indiana.
- The funds must be used for a community-driven event or program located within the state of Indiana that is offered free of charge and focuses on health and/or fitness related topics.
- All grant applications must be submitted via the form linked below between the dates of February 22 and March 31, 2017.
- The funds must be used for an event/program that will be completed by December 1, 2017.
- The online application must be completed in full for an organization to be eligible to receive funding.
- All grant recipients will be required to submit an event/program recap report form upon use of the funds.
- Recipients will be granted limited use of the PLAY 60 brand for program materials. All materials that include the PLAY 60 brand are subject to approval by the Indianapolis Colts.
- Applicants will be selected based on the following criteria:
- Mission/purpose of the program and/or event
- Program/event reach and estimated impact
- Alignment of program/event with the PLAY 60 message
EXAMPLES OF ELIGIBLE EVENTS/PROGRAMS:
- Free community events
- After school fitness programs
- Programs benefiting local youth
- Initiatives promoting healthy/active lifestyles
- Programs aligned with the PLAY 60 message
- Free health education seminar at a Community Center (Non-profit)
EXAMPLES OF NON-ELIGIBLE EVENTS/PROGRAMS:
- Revenue-generating events
- Programs charging participation fees
- Programs implemented by for-profit organizations
- Initiatives not aligned with the PLAY 60 message
- Zumba classes with $20 admission fees at a local fitness club
- February 22 - Applications available online
- March 31 - Application due date
- April 17 - Grant recipients notified
- May 1 - Grants dispersed
Nominate your organization for a Colts PLAY 60 Fitness Grant by completing the form below: