2016 Colts Cheerleaders Audition Information
2016 Colts Cheerleaders Auditions
Saturday, April 9th Doors Open:
11:00 a.m. Auditions Begin:
Indiana Farm Bureau Football Center - Indoor Field, 7001 W 56th St., Indianapolis, IN 46254 Registration:
Online Registration has closed. Walk-in registrations can be taken when the doors open at 11 AM.
Approx. 50 Finalists will make it to finals and will attend the following…
Workshops: Monday April 11th – Friday April 15th 6:00 to 9:00 PM – Indoor Field
Finals: Sunday April 17th - 4:00 PM Show Time (Finalists will arrive at 1:00 PM) – Hilbert Circle Theater
Purchase tickets to the Final Audition Showcase HERE
Colts Cheerleading Auditions FAQ:
- What are the requirements to audition for the Indianapolis Colts Cheerleaders?
- The only requirement is that you must be 18 by May 8, 2016
- How can I best prepare for the audition?
- We highly encourage anyone planning to audition to attend the audition master workshop and prep classes. They are very informative and will help prepare you for audition day.
- What should I wear for the audition?
- Audition candidates should wear a crop dance top/sport bra and fitted shorts for auditions. Candidates should also wear jazz shoes or tennis shoes and nylons. Please no go-go boots.
- What is the audition process like?
- For prelims, everyone will learn one routine and perform it in small groups in front of the judges. Cuts will be made narrowing the candidates down to approximately 50 finalists.
The 50 finalists will spend the next week being tested on their dance technique, fitness, football knowledge and interview skills. On Sunday April 17th, the finalists will be scored at the final showcase that is open to the public and held at the Hilbert Circle Theater. The 2016 Colts Cheerleaders will be announced at the end of the show.
- What is the best advice for someone auditioning?
- We encourage candidates to watch videos of the current team on Colts.com to learn the choreography style. Interview and fitness are also an important part of the audition process therefore we recommend that you practice your public speaking and have a fitness regime leading up to auditions.
- If I make the squad, what is the time commitment?
- The cheerleaders practice every Tuesday and Thursday from 6:00-10:00pm from May-January with occasional weeks off. Cheerleaders perform at all home games and participate in appearances in the Indianapolis area.
- Is this a full time job?
- No, this is a part-time job. Cheerleaders are compensated for all games, practices and appearances but we do encourage all cheerleaders to have a full time job and/or be a full time student.
Questions about auditions? Contact Kelly Tilley at Kelly.Tilley@colts.nfl.net